Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

We have looked baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad 

This is probably my 5th game watching ? Idt I’ve see hardly any great opportunities as Philly had in the first period. 

Are they sloppier than most teams in the other teams zone? It seems like every time they threaten they f*** up an easy pass and never get a high quality shot 

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

This is probably my 5th game watching ? Idt I’ve see hardly any great opportunities as Philly had in the first period. 

Are they sloppier than most teams in the other teams zone? It seems like every time they threaten they f*** up an easy pass and never get a high quality shot 

We definitely are. Beekay and I have lamented the fact that we don't have many shooters and we are not good passers. 

Still...this has been a long rebuilding process and I think in a vacuum, the players are better even if the production / wins & losses haven't gotten better. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

We definitely are. Beekay and I have lamented the fact that we don't have many shooters and we are not good passers. 

Still...this has been a long rebuilding process and I think in a vacuum, the players are better even if the production / wins & losses haven't gotten better. 

When I listen to the pods, a lot of fans seem pretty restless. 

Which players do you have the most confidence in becoming plus players? and maybe a long shot or two? 

( and if I’m asking too many questions please let me know. I don’t know anything about hockey but I’m having a absolute blast learning and watching the games, even though NJ is bad. I genuinely look forward to the games. ) 

52 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

When I listen to the pods, a lot of fans seem pretty restless. 

Which players do you have the most confidence in becoming plus players? and maybe a long shot or two? 

( and if I’m asking too many questions please let me know. I don’t know anything about hockey but I’m having a absolute blast learning and watching the games, even though NJ is bad. I genuinely look forward to the games. ) 

Jack could be a star. He may not be but he has the skill set. His brother Luke could also be one. Holtz I'm hopeful will just be a top tier goal scorer even if the rest of his game is rough. Dougie should remain one of the better dmen for the next few years.

Bratt is a play driving winger, quality second line guy at least. Nico is a competent player and worthwhile to keep around, but not a game changer. 

I'm not sure what Mercer is yet in terms of overall ceiling. The length of this season is going to grind him down so we may have to wait a year or two

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

Jack could be a star. He may not be but he has the skill set. His brother Luke could also be one. Holtz I'm hopeful will just be a top tier goal scorer even if the rest of his game is rough. Dougie should remain one of the better dmen for the next few years.

Bratt is a play driving winger, quality second line guy at least. Nico is a competent player and worthwhile to keep around, but not a game changer. 

I'm not sure what Mercer is yet in terms of overall ceiling. The length of this season is going to grind him down so we may have to wait a year or two

Is it common for captains to just be competent ? Seems like he has trouble staying on the Ice 

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

Is it common for captains to just be competent ? Seems like he has trouble staying on the Ice 

Yeah, captains come in all shapes and forms. Sometimes you give it to an elite player, sometimes it's a guy who's been there a while that has the respect and really just assumed a leadership role. 

That said, I don't believe that Nico should have been given the C at the time. He's fine, and he'll never embarrass the team, but it felt forced because he was a #1 overall pick

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Just a fill in to have someone to suit up

Is it bad to call up a goalie before he’s ready? 

A lot want Ruff fired, are hockey coaches important? Are they like baseball managers where they basically manage the time of the team or more like football coaches where they make a big difference gameplay wise?