Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

During the last 10 games, we have 2 players who have scored 5 or more points....

Every year the talk is about defense and goaltending, but this offense has been bad for a loooooooooooooooong time. We should just be looking at trades from a roster shakeup perspective at this juncture. The entire team is just flat out not working well together. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Forge said:

During the last 10 games, we have 2 players who have scored 5 or more points....

Every year the talk is about defense and goaltending, but this offense has been bad for a loooooooooooooooong time. We should just be looking at trades from a roster shakeup perspective at this juncture. The entire team is just flat out not working well together. 

Who are guys that could be unloaded if they wanted to sell at the deadline 

On 12/27/2021 at 5:05 AM, Rainmaker90 said:

Jesper , really? That honestly would suck . Why him? He’s playing good and 23. Seems like someone to build on 

As beekay said, the contract negotiations didn't go all that well and resulted in him holding out just a bit. Because of the bridge deal nature of his contract and the season he is having, he is going to be expensive on a long term deal and while he looks great, his actual production has been a bit of up and down in his career. If he gets moved though, it's going to be a big time move. I could see him being the key piece in a matthew Tkachuk deal, for example. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

As beekay said, the contract negotiations didn't go all that well and resulted in him holding out just a bit. Because of the bridge deal nature of his contract and the season he is having, he is going to be expensive on a long term deal and while he looks great, his actual production has been a bit of up and down in his career. If he gets moved though, it's going to be a big time move. I could see him being the key piece in a matthew Tkachuk deal, for example. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

And we could easily be up about 4-0 lol 

So you think he’d be traded for a player above him and not prospects ? 

Jesper has been my favorite player so far! 

They really could’ve been. I thought PK was pretty sharp too. 

Tkchuck , that’s Nashville? 

Edited by Rainmaker90

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

So you think he’d be traded for a player above him and not prospects ? 

Jesper has been my favorite player so far! 

They really could’ve been. I thought PK was pretty sharp too. 

Tkchuck , that’s Nashville? 

Oh yeah, I don't see us going the prospect route with Jesper. That would be really bad mismanagement. It has to be a 'hockey trade'. Comparable player with a different style or a better player. That said, I Don't expect it to happen...but it could certainly happen. 

Matthew Tkachuk plays for Calgary (His brother Brady plays for Ottawa). But there are a lot of rumors that he's not happy in Calgary and wants out. These are really nothing but rumors, but he's taken them to the woodshed over money and not signed long term. The Tkachuk's and Fitz (Devils GM) are related (mainly because Fitz is related to eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeveryone...including probably all three of us). 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Oh yeah, I don't see us going the prospect route with Jesper. That would be really bad mismanagement. It has to be a 'hockey trade'. Comparable player with a different style or a better player. That said, I Don't expect it to happen...but it could certainly happen. 

Matthew Tkachuk plays for Calgary (His brother Brady plays for Ottawa). But there are a lot of rumors that he's not happy in Calgary and wants out. These are really nothing but rumors, but he's taken them to the woodshed over money and not signed long term. The Tkachuk's and Fitz (Devils GM) are related (mainly because Fitz is related to eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeveryone...including probably all three of us). 

Here’s the rest of the guys Beekay mentioned 

PK Subban
Pavel Zacha
Jesper Bratt
Damon Severson
Miles Wood (but he's hurt likely for the year)
Andreas Johnsson (sell high)
Tomas Tatar

I’ve really likeSeverson. Johnson , Zacha haven’t looked good to my untrained eye. And Tatar has been ok 

6 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Here’s the rest of the guys Beekay mentioned 

PK Subban
Pavel Zacha
Jesper Bratt
Damon Severson
Miles Wood (but he's hurt likely for the year)
Andreas Johnsson (sell high)
Tomas Tatar

I’ve really likeSeverson. Johnson , Zacha haven’t looked good to my untrained eye. And Tatar has been ok 

Subban is a FA after the year, so I'd be surprised if he's not gone. 

Beekay and I have been trying to trade Zacha for years now...dude is like a cockroach.  I firmly believe that he should be traded, but he, Bratt and Severson all should likely be hockey trades. I'd love to kick Severson over to Vancouver in a hockey move for Boeser, for example. Would make a ton of sense. We may have to add, but would help both teams. That said, I could also see this team re-signing Severson. We give Sevs a lot of crap, but he's a competent middle pairing defenseman. 

Wood could have been gone because I don't think you're signing him long term (he has one more year of RFA status remaining), but as Beekay said, likely that with the injury we can't move him this year and have to do it next year as a rental or in the off season. 

Johnsson  is probably more likely than Tatar as they are both extended rentals but Tatar has been less productive and more expensive, though he has started picking his game up and Johnsson has basically imploded the last 10 games and ceased being productive 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Subban is a FA after the year, so I'd be surprised if he's not gone. 

Beekay and I have been trying to trade Zacha for years now...dude is like a cockroach.  I firmly believe that he should be traded, but he, Bratt and Severson all should likely be hockey trades. I'd love to kick Severson over to Vancouver in a hockey move for Boeser, for example. Would make a ton of sense. We may have to add, but would help both teams. That said, I could also see this team re-signing Severson. We give Sevs a lot of crap, but he's a competent middle pairing defenseman. 

Wood could have been gone because I don't think you're signing him long term (he has one more year of RFA status remaining), but as Beekay said, likely that with the injury we can't move him this year and have to do it next year as a rental or in the off season. 

Johnsson  is probably more likely than Tatar as they are both extended rentals but Tatar has been less productive and more expensive. 

I know there’s a lot of people who get playing time, but how much can a singular player change things for a team?