Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

Well, it probably wouldn't be immediate. I could see him being 3rd line and Zacha being 2nd. I want Zacha to stay at C but I have a feeling we're going to move him back to LW and re-sign Boyle for 4th line C.

God, we seriously better add a quality something. I'll take a top 4 dman, but if we nickel and dime this, we may as well trade Hall now.

I wish the draft was after July 1st. Someone on HF brought up an interesting notion of Hall to CO for #4. If I can't resign Hall, I think I'd take that. But we won't know by that point of the draft

We're sitting at $35 Million in cap space and with Zacha, Butcher, Mueller, Carrick and Noesen as RFAs. That money is likely tied up in extensions long term for Hall, Hischer and Hughes so I wouldn't be too sure we're going to sign a marquee free agent.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

God, we seriously better add a quality something. I'll take a top 4 dman, but if we nickel and dime this, we may as well trade Hall now.

I wish the draft was after July 1st. Someone on HF brought up an interesting notion of Hall to CO for #4. If I can't resign Hall, I think I'd take that. But we won't know by that point of the draft

I would absolutely take that deal. That guarantees us either Turcotte or Byram. Hall is a damn stud but, if that was offered, I'd probably pull the trigger.

Could you imagine coming out of this draft with Hughes and Byram? I know it'd be at the expense of losing Taylor Hall but...damn.

Edited by beekay414

I would absolutely take that deal. That guarantees us either Turcotte or Byram. Hall is a damn stud but, if that was offered, I'd probably pull the trigger.

It was weird because it was done on main HF board, and nobody actually "hated" it.  Some wouldn't take it, but nobody (avs or devs fans or third parties) thought it was crazy. 

My goal would be Byram in that scenario, turcotte worries me from a health standpoint, but obviously there's a ton of talent there that could be ready to go this year

Are there any goal scoring wingers that could be had on a 2/3 year deal? We have enough playmakers. We need another scorer. 

I know Skinner and Eberle are out there but they are going to sign for 7-8 years (well, at least 5).

Honestly, I think we're going to sign a top 6 winger to a 2/3 year deal. Mats Zuccarello is someone I'd strongly consider. It keeps our money open long term and allows us to slow play Boqvist.

Can't go longer than 3 on zucs for sure. I've considered him as well, but at 32, I'm not giving him a deal that risks the the 35 rule or whatever it is. 

The problem is, what does he get? Does he get 6.5 per, for three years? 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It was weird because it was done on main HF board, and nobody actually "hated" it.  Some wouldn't take it, but nobody (avs or devs fans or third parties) thought it was crazy. 

My goal would be Byram in that scenario, turcotte worries me from a health standpoint, but obviously there's a ton of talent there that could be ready to go this year

I'd lean Byram just because we'd already have Hughes and Nico at C. 

Just now, Forge said:

Can't go longer than 3 on zucs for sure. I've considered him as well, but at 32, I'm not giving him a deal that risks the the 35 rule or whatever it is. 

The problem is, what does he get? Does he get 6.5 per, for three years? 

Probably. I thought he scored more but he's another playmaking type and we've got that in spades. So, I'd like to lean more towards a natural goal scorer. It's why I'd love to trade for Kessel or Zucker.

Are there any goal scoring wingers that could be had on a 2/3 year deal? We have enough playmakers. We need another scorer. 

I know Skinner and Eberle are out there but they are going to sign for 7-8 years (well, at least 5).

Eberle may take a shorter deal but I definitely think that Skinner gets six it so. Joe Pavelski, but I can't see him leaving the sharks. Nyquivst maybe? Not a true goal scorer but 15-20 is expected

Just now, Forge said:

Eberle may take a shorter deal but I definitely think that Skinner gets six it so. Joe Pavelski, but I can't see him leaving the sharks. Nyquivst maybe? Not a true goal scorer but 15-20 is expected

Nyquist is going to get 5+ years too and he's not what I'd have in mind. Want a 30+ goal scoring threat and he's not that. Anders Lee would be nice but he's getting 6/7 years somewhere and probably doesn't leave the Isles.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Probably. I thought he scored more but he's another playmaking type and we've got that in spades. So, I'd like to lean more towards a natural goal scorer. It's why I'd love to trade for Kessel or Zucker.

Yeah, that's why I don't want that trade to go through lol there are s few interesting trade candidates. 

Bratt and Nico need to become more selfish shooters. Bratt in particular has a pretty nice shot when he cuts it loose

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

If we can get Eberle on a 3 year/$21 Million deal, that'd be perfect but I don't think he'll take short term.

He and Hall are like best friends I think. Maybe that gives us an in

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Nyquist is going to get 5+ years too and he's not what I'd have in mind. Want a 30+ goal scoring threat and he's not that. Anders Lee would be nice but he's getting 6/7 years somewhere and probably doesn't leave the Isles.

Yeah, I think the isles are already willing to go five for Lee, the sticking point if I remember right was whether they would go longer