Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, that's why I don't want that trade to go through lol there are s few interesting trade candidates. 

Bratt and Nico need to become more selfish shooters. Bratt in particular has a pretty nice shot when he cuts it loose

Thought I read that we're going to push Nico into shooting more this offseason. Bratt absolutely needs to shoot more. No reason our 1st line RW doesn't shoot a ton with Nico and Hall setting him up.

How about Wayne Simmonds? Coming off a huge time down year for him and still out up 17. May want short term to establish value and he's thirty, so may not be a ton of love out there

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

The problem is that teams give out five year deals and NMCs like candy lol

Yeah, gonna be interesting to see Shero's hand this offseason. I really want to avoid cap killing contracts knowing that we'll have Nico's and Hughes extensions right around the corner (both will probably be in the $8-10 Million range) along with Hall's. We need to make moves to convince Hall to stay but we can't go crazy giving out 5 year deals to guys like Nyquist and Eberle. 

The only long term deals I'd be okay with are Karlsson and Panarin. I don't care if Karlsson may break down during the deal, the guy is a god damn stud and gives it his all day in and day out. That's the type of player we need.

EDIT - I really hope Nico takes a bridge deal. Would be huge to get him at like 4/24 or 4/28.

Edited by beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

Yeah, gonna be interesting to see Shero's hand this offseason. I really want to avoid cap killing contracts knowing that we'll have Nico's and Hughes extensions right around the corner (both will probably be in the $8-10 Million range) along with Hall's. We need to make moves to convince Hall to stay but we can't go crazy giving out 5 year deals to guys like Nyquist and Eberle. 

The only long term deals I'd be okay with are Karlsson and Panarin. I don't care if Karlsson may break down during the deal, the guy is a god damn stud and gives it his all day in and day out. That's the type of player we need.

And it's not like we are a free agent hotbed. Getting people to sign in Jersey when they aren't already there can be tough without an overpay. I was really hoping to put a couple of those second round picks to work for a guy under contract for a few years at a reasonable hit

Just now, Forge said:

And it's not like we are a free agent hotbed. Getting people to sign in Jersey when they aren't already there can be tough without an overpay. I was really hoping to put a couple of those second round picks to work for a guy under contract for a few years at a reasonable hit

Yep. I'm not expecting anything huge to happen, tbh. We'll do something but I'm not sure it'll be anything that makes Taylor go, "yeah, I'm definitely staying." I think we'll get a veteran forward on a 2/3 year deal and a veteran dman on a 1/2 year deal.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Yep. I'm not expecting anything huge to happen, tbh. We'll do something but I'm not sure it'll be anything that makes Taylor go, "yeah, I'm definitely staying." I think we'll get a veteran forward on a 2/3 year deal and a veteran dman on a 1/2 year deal.

Hate to say it, but marjo makes sense. He's not getting a long term or expensive deal from anywhere. 1 year 3-4 million maybe. Wouldn't be the worst guy to help ease boqvist into that role either. 

Then you sign a stralman or something for the defense. Those are the type of deals in expecting to be honest

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Hate to say it, but marjo makes sense. He's not getting a long term or expensive deal from anywhere. 1 year 3-4 million maybe. Wouldn't be the worst guy to help ease boqvist into that role either. 

Then you sign a stralman or something for the defense. Those are the type of deals in expecting to be honest

Would rather go a different route than MarJo. We need someone that would mesh with Hughes and I don't think MarJo's style would pair well with what Hughes does. We need someone that is more effective without the puck. 

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Would rather go a different route than MarJo. We need someone that would mesh with Hughes and I don't think MarJo's style would pair well with what Hughes does. We need someone that is more effective without the puck. 

It was weird. Marjo never fit with anyone on the roster except maybe bratt? He was so clearly a round peg to square hole. 

Hockey writers did a write up on cash strapped teams for trade targets. Mentioned Dumoulin from Pitt (though if the Kessel/Johnson trade goes through, they won't be in sure straits), and Tyler Johnson from the lightning, who I feel had been in the block the last two years straight. He's at 5/yr, but he's got five years left and if course an NTC, since everyone in Tampa does. But he could be another palms consistently putting up 25-30 goals

Just now, Forge said:

It was weird. Marjo never fit with anyone on the roster except maybe bratt? He was so clearly a round peg to square hole. 

Hockey writers did a write up on cash strapped teams for trade targets. Mentioned Dumoulin from Pitt (though if the Kessel/Johnson trade goes through, they won't be in sure straits), and Tyler Johnson from the lightning, who I feel had been in the block the last two years straight. He's at 5/yr, but he's got five years left and if course an NTC, since everyone in Tampa does. But he could be another palms consistently putting up 25-30 goals

I really hope those NTCs come back to bite the Lightning. 

I just want the offseason to get here. I'm tired of speculating lol. LIS, $35 Million and we MAY have $10-12 Million in RFA deals (depends on what Butcher wants and what Zacha gets).

Edited by beekay414

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I just want the offseason to get here. I'm tired of speculating lol. LIS, $35 Million and we MAY have $10-12 Million in RFA deals (depends on what Butcher wants and what Zacha gets).

What would you take from the lightning to take on Callahan's contract? Would you take jt Miller and give up like a third? Hefty one year addition in salary, but Callahan of the books after next year. Or Would their first be worth it?