Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I amended it to Joey Anderson (legitimate RW prospect), Josh Jacobs (legitimate RD prospect), our 2020 1st and Boston's 2019 2nd.

Yeah, I think something along those lines would be more appealing for them. 

I do think that they are more likely to move on from a guy like Karlsson and Reilly Smith before unloading Tuch, but I'd absolutely be putting feelers in for Tuch with VGK if I were Shero and I'd be willing to pay a decent amount. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I think something along those lines would be more appealing for them. 

I do think that they are more likely to move on from a guy like Karlsson and Reilly Smith before unloading Tuch, but I'd absolutely be putting feelers in for Tuch with VGK if I were Shero and I'd be willing to pay a decent amount. 

lol apparently it's not enough. 

More I think about it, more I agree. They're not trading Tuch lol.

Edited by beekay414

I'm on the Devils forum too lol.

More I read about Tuch, more I'm inclined to agree. 

I just saw - I asked Zajac whether he would include Coleman in that deal. 

Yeah, he's literally perfect next to Hughes.

The one thing that I think that we need is another true goal scorer besides Palm. Particularly for that Bratt / Hughes line (assuming Nico / Hall / Palms on the top line). 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The one thing that I think that we need is another true goal scorer besides Palm. Particularly for that Bratt / Hughes line (assuming Nico / Hall / Palms on the top line). 

Yeah, I don't know where we're going to find that at this point though. 

What do you think it'd take to pry Brett Connelly away from Washington? I'm thinking it'd have to, at least, be 4/5 years term at $4+ Million AAV. I think he could be an intriguing option. Still only 27. Only problem is, he wouldn't be a stop gap nor would he be a needle mover.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, I don't know where we're going to find that at this point though. 

What do you think it'd take to pry Brett Connelly away from Washington? I'm thinking it'd have to, at least, be 4/5 years term at $4+ Million AAV. I think he could be an intriguing option. Still only 27. Only problem is, he wouldn't be a stop gap nor would he be a needle mover.

Yeah, unfortunately, I think that he's a wholly unrestricted FA. Don't love that. Probably means an overpay by someone on the open market. At 27 years old...I don't know, don't think that he'd be worth it. The guy that I would actually look at instead is Joonas Donskoi. Similar to Connelly. Both 27, both UFA. Donskoi had 37 points last year, but his 5on5 numbers and possession numbers are great. Potentially the same issue as Connelly that he could get overpaid on the open market, but I Think that is more likely to happen with Connelly than Donskoi, to be perfectly honest. 

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, unfortunately, I think that he's a wholly unrestricted FA. Don't love that. Probably means an overpay by someone on the open market. At 27 years old...I don't know, don't think that he'd be worth it. The guy that I would actually look at instead is Joonas Donskoi. Similar to Connelly. Both 27, both UFA. Donskoi had 37 points last year, but his 5on5 numbers and possession numbers are great. Potentially the same issue as Connelly that he could get overpaid on the open market, but I Think that is more likely to happen with Connelly than Donskoi, to be perfectly honest. 

Yeah, I decided that he'd be the RW I'd target. His numbers seem to show that he produces at a top 6 rate consistently so I'd be more than okay giving him a chance to be our RW next to Hughes. I amended my offseason to fit him in.

So, recap:

~Traded Mirco Mueller's RFA rights and Boston's 2020 4th rounder to Tampa for RW Ryan Callahan and Tampa's 2019 1st rounder
~Traded Dallas's 2019 3rd rounder and Connor Carricks RFA rights to a cap strapped Vegas for RD Colin Miller
~Signed LD Jordie Benn to a 1 year/$2 Million contract
~Signed RW Joonas Donskoi to a 5 year/$4.125 Million contract

Hall | Hischier | Palmieri
Bratt | Hughes | Donskoi
Boqvist | Zacha | Coleman
Wood | Zajac | Callahan

Butcher | Vatanen
Smith | Severson
Benn/Greene | Miller
Benn/Greene as 7th dman

Blackwood | Schneider in a 50-50 split 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Yeah, I decided that he'd be the RW I'd target. His numbers seem to show that he produces at a top 6 rate consistently so I'd be more than okay giving him a chance to be our RW next to Hughes. I amended my offseason to fit him in.

So, recap:

~Traded Mirco Mueller's RFA rights and Boston's 2020 4th rounder to Tampa for RW Ryan Callahan and Tampa's 2019 1st rounder
~Traded Dallas's 2019 3rd rounder to a cap strapped Vegas for RD Colin Miller
~Signed LD Jordie Benn to a 1 year/$2 Million contract
~Signed RW Joonas Donskoi to a 5 year/$4.125 Million contract

Hall | Hischier | Palmieri
Bratt | Hughes | Donskoi
Boqvist | Zacha | Coleman
Wood | Zajac | Callahan

Butcher | Vatanen
Smith | Severson
Benn/Greene | Miller
Benn/Greene as 7th dman

Blackwood | Schneider in a 50-50 split 

This off season can't get rolling soon enough lol. 

I like this though. I think that is a team with some good depth, the PK should be fantastic once again, and with Hall healthy, our powerplay should be really good, particularly if we will trust Boqvist on the line. 

So at what point are you looking at trading Hall? 

I feel like if we aren't discussing actual terms for a contract by July 1st, I'm reaching out to teams. I'm not saying he needs to sign on that day, obviously...but I Think at that point I need to have started the framework on a deal so that I know that he's serious about potentially staying at that point. 

Just now, Forge said:

This off season can't get rolling soon enough lol. 

I like this though. I think that is a team with some good depth, the PK should be fantastic once again, and with Hall healthy, our powerplay should be really good, particularly if we will trust Boqvist on the line. 

Yeah, I figured it's good enough without being overly optimistic or drastic in my moves. Think everything is reasonable.

Just now, Forge said:

So at what point are you looking at trading Hall? 

I feel like if we aren't discussing actual terms for a contract by July 1st, I'm reaching out to teams. I'm not saying he needs to sign on that day, obviously...but I Think at that point I need to have started the framework on a deal so that I know that he's serious about potentially staying at that point. 

I think you consider it all offseason. If you're Shero, you have a good feeling as to what's going on so you keep your options open. This may be drastic but I'm not going into the season without his contract situation cleared up. He's too much of an injury risk to risk waiting until the deadline to move him.