Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

#16, Tyson Jost, Shane Bowers and #63 for Hall. GREAT DEAL. I'M JUST A HOMER BECAUSE I DISAGREE. NO WAY IS THE AVS FAN PROPOSING IT A HOMER.

The funny thing is, I'm open to 16 as a starting point in a hall trade rather than four. But Jost can't be the center piece of the players coming back. And there is no way that deal starts without Kaut included. 

Just now, Forge said:

The funny thing is, I'm open to 16 as a starting point in a hall trade rather than four. But Jost can't be the center piece of the players coming back. And there is no way that deal starts without Kaut included. 

Yep. It's just another case of a homer calling someone else a homer. He called me a box score scout just because I preferred Timmons (even with his concussion issue) over Jost. Nevermind the fact that we need blue line help lol. Like, this dude had no idea that he was just as homeristic as he accused me of being. He really thinks a deadline, expiring in 3 months, Mark Stone deal is the equivalent of trading Hall, in the offseason, with a full year left and the entire offseason to work on an extension/trade.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Plus, imagine thinking 16 and Jost is equivalent of getting Erik Brannstrom. 

If Vegas had offered Brannstrom for Hall, I would've thought long and hard. Kid is going to be an elite, potential superstar, defenseman.

Yeah, he want realizing that the quality of prospect is important lol. Jost isn't an elite prospect at this point. He's seriously got Pavel Zacha type value in my opinion

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, he want realizing that the quality of prospect is important lol. Jost isn't an elite prospect at this point. He's seriously got Pavel Zacha type value in my opinion

And that's what I told him. He came back with the same things we did when defending Pavel (team role, what he was asked to do because of injuries, etc). I'm just sitting there thinking "lol dude, you can't pull the wool over a sheep's eyes that's seen this all before up close and personal."

The deal is basically Bowers and 16 and, man, that's depressing. He even came at me with the "imagine thinking a 2019 1st, 2 former 1st rounders and the first pick of the 3rd round isn't worth Taylor Hall" crap. Like, bro, are you really using draft pedigree to gauge someone's value while arguing why Mark Stone, a former 6th rounder, is better than Taylor Hall, a former top pick? That dude was on some goooooooooooooooood Colorado bud.

Edited by beekay414

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

And that's what I told him. He came back with the same things we did when defending Pavel (team role, what he was asked to do because of injuries, etc). I'm just sitting there thinking "lol dude, you can't pull the wool over a sheep's eyes that's seen this all before up close and personal."

The deal is basically Bowers and 16 and, man, that's depressing. He even came at me with the "imagine thinking a 2019 1st, 2 former 1st rounders and the first pick of the 3rd round isn't worth Taylor Hall" crap. Like, bro, are you really using draft pedigree to gauge someone's value while arguing why Mark Stone, a former 6th rounder, is better than Taylor Hall, a former top pick? That dude was on some goooooooooooooooood Colorado bud.

It's the same thing when people try and denigrate Halls trade value by saying that he was traded for Larsson lol

• Like 1

@beekay414

Apparently the asking price on Trouba is Bratt + boqvist or Smith. I'm out on that.  If we make that deal, it's clear that we are essentially letting Hall dictate how the team is run because we will do anything to keep him. I think a move like that is counter productive

• Like 1

Tbh, if I'm in the Devil's shoes, I really entertain the idea of trading Hall at the trade deadline next season. I think you guys have a damn good core on the way, but I'm not sure his prime lines up with your contention. Hall is also going to (rightfully) demand $10-11M/yr (also depends on how much Dubas screws up with Marner), when your cup window opens in 2-3 seasons, will a 30+ Hall be worth $11M?

If you can get a blue chip prospect (or 2) + picks, I think you guys would be well positioned to bring up a core that can hit their primes around the same time.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Tbh, if I'm in the Devil's shoes, I really entertain the idea of trading Hall at the trade deadline next season. I think you guys have a damn good core on the way, but I'm not sure his prime lines up with your contention. Hall is also going to (rightfully) demand $10-11M/yr (also depends on how much Dubas screws up with Marner), when your cup window opens in 2-3 seasons, will a 30+ Hall be worth $11M?

If you can get a blue chip prospect (or 2) + picks, I think you guys would be well positioned to bring up a core that can hit their primes around the same time.

If we move him at the deadline, I think a first + a B+ level type prospect is the return, with that first rounder obviously being a very late first rounder since the team acquiring him will be on a cup run. 

If we make the decision to trade him, I'm hoping it's early. Perhaps even before the season. Let all the teams into that trade window, and give acquiring teams a chance to work the extension angle

• Like 1

@beekay414 the pipe dream is officially over. 

That being said, we can now raid the Sharks roster either for UFAs or maybe an RFA because they have some cap problems. Leaves them 12 million in space with Nyquist, Thornton, Pavelski, and Donskoi as UFAs, Labanc and Meier as RFAs. Meier would be the dream acquisition - pure shooter. But he'd be pricey. We could potentially get Labanc on a cheaper sort of trade deal, particularly given our draft capital (and the fact that San Jose has like no draft picks the next three years), and he'd slot in nicely on the right side with a right handed shot. 

• Like 1

Timo Meier absolutely became my favorite offer sheet target for this free agency period. He'd cost a first, second and third round pick. I'd give that up in a heartbeat for him, and San Jose has no recourse to try and get back at us in the coming years. 

• Like 1