Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Contacts are insane so far. If we take salary dumps, they absolutely better be no more than a year. Clarkson, Horton, Callahan. One and done. We are going to need all that cap space in some short order

On 6/17/2019 at 9:13 PM, Forge said:

If the Jets now offered Ehlers for Severson, would you do it?

Probably would but it doesn't really do anything for us. Sure we get some top 6 scoring but we then have a massive hole on the right side of the blue line.

On 6/18/2019 at 11:21 PM, Forge said:

The amount of other people in the other board who want subban is kind of outrageous. I won't hate it if we went that route, but I'm certainly not all about it

I'd love it tbh. Subban, while having his issues, would be best dman we've had since our Cup days. 

On 6/17/2019 at 6:57 PM, Forge said:

Trouba to the Rags. #20 and a marginal prospect....and they wanted two of Bratt / Boqvist / Smith from us? wtf? 

My favorite thing about the Trouba deal was the massive meltdown by Selec Astronomy (maybe it's Setec Astrology? Something like that. Well, who cares?) on hockeydb. Dude lost his skull and went full on "ZOMG we are doomed for eternity."

Edited by beekay414

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I'd love it tbh. Subban, while having his issues, would be best dman we've had since our Cup days. 

If they retain, I'm more open to it. He's on the wrong side age wise and he takes up more than 10% of the cap. He's having issues with health and I'm worried about regression. Given the cap hit, and the asset requirement to get him (it'll be lower than it shouldn't be, but still high, I think). No doubt he'd be the best defenseman we've had in some while, I just don't know if he's worth all that

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Probably would but it doesn't really do anything for us. Sure we get some top 6 scoring but we then have a massive hole on the right side of the blue line.

I was going back and forth on it. I think it's fair value wise, but really hard to get over the need at defense.

Also, have to say it, given his contract, Severson has real value. 4x4 left? Kind of a steal now, even with his limitations

Sabres Gearing Up for Taylor Hall?
It may not be this weekend, but I am told the Buffalo Sabres are working towards a proposal to get Taylor Hall (who is a year away from UFA Status) to the Sabres via trade...
Source: Eklund

Assuming fake news. I honestly can't think of a single way that trade works

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

What was the offer?

Just saying that they were prepping an offer and that they had interest in him. 

But just thinking about Buffalo, I really don't know how it works. Who's the centerpiece, Mittelstadt? Meh. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Just saying that they were prepping an offer and that they had interest in him. 

But just thinking about Buffalo, I really don't know how it works. Who's the centerpiece, Mittelstadt? Meh. 

Middlestadt and 7?

Just now, beekay414 said:

Middlestadt and 7?

Honestly, don't think that we get a pick that high for him this year. They'd have to really believe that they can re-sign him, and I think that's asking a lot from Buffalo considering he wants to play for a winner. But Middelstadt was definitely underwhelming last year, so I just don't love it with him as the centerpiece. If we could manage #7, I'd entertain it, I suppose, though I don't love that draft slot tbh. #7 is just one of those areas where I'd just as soon grab pick 11 or 10 or 12 or something and get a better prospect. Like, I'd take Boeser and #10 before I'd take Mittelstadt and #7, I think. 

• Like 1

A source Thursday said the cap will be one of two numbers: $81.5 million or $82 million. Nothing in between; it’s the first figure or the second one.

We really need to gouge a team or two for single year contracts. 81.5 is much lower than anticipated. I don't mind waiting another year to kick this into high gear. As long as we don't sit on the space, I'm happy.