MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

When was the last time we saw a champ get beat for 5 rounds like this? We've seen champs get stopped in the earlier rounds but 5 rounds of complete domination from the challenger? I'm trying to remember, anyone? I know TJ v Barao 1 he stopped him in 5 rounds but other than that I can't remember

7 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

When was the last time we saw a champ get beat for 5 rounds like this? We've seen champs get stopped in the earlier rounds but 5 rounds of complete domination from the challenger? I'm trying to remember, anyone? I know TJ v Barao 1 he stopped him in 5 rounds but other than that I can't remember

Pettis vs Dos Anjos is the one that comes to mind

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

he got the the original chance by sitting out like a year and a half iirc

and all the other options are basically usman, except white

he might get a rematch

highly doubt it. No one ever gets an immediate rematch anymore or at least hardly ever and after total domination, I just cant see it happening

8 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

What an unbelievably frustrating fight from Woodley. Kept backing himself against the fence, refused to change anything the whole fight. It looked like he didn't care

That was so annoying. He didn't listen to his corner at all. Like he doesnt care, he's the champ and he can 1-punch his way to victory

8 hours ago, pwny said:

And gave a thumbs up.

I don’t blame Herb for doing it. It wasn’t super fast, and I don’t know if you can justify letting a guy who is out be kept in a choke that long.

It sucks. It’s definitely frustrating, because I don’t think Lawler was out nor going out, but Herb didn’t do the wrong thing. Lawler looked out at the angle Herb was at, even if the other angles tended to show that likely wasn’t the case.

Didn't he check his arm before stopping it though? That's what I dont get

8 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think Ponzi could make things interesting. 

Ponzi and Luque are my hopes for the division. They may be the best chance to win the belt too, because anyone that is going to beat Usman is going to have to knock him tfo

Jones is trying a ton of weird and showy moves. Its almost like he's bored with just murdering guys with the usual stuff haha. He is winding up and swinging for the fences

I feel like the announcers are making it sound like Smith is doing alot better than he really is almost like the Khabib/Iaquinta fight

9 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

Ponzi and Luque are my hopes for the division. They may be the best chance to win the belt too, because anyone that is going to beat Usman is going to have to knock him tfo

True, would Luque fight Usman though? Aren't they both Blackzillians? I thought I remembered them from that TUF season

Smith finds himself in the weirdest freakin positions, also that kick on the ground looked awful close to being illegal but I dont think it was. Would be hilarious though if Jones "lost" again due to an illegal strike instead of actually getting beat. Like his toughest opponent would literally be himself