1(3). Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

NewAge

11 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

And that’s my point and he’s therefor proving it for me then. We don’t draft RBs in the draft of any significance. Every time this team has been good we had a good RB. You can’t ignore offense yearly I te draft and wonder why the offense sucks. You can’t throw Darnold out there with average guys and complain he doesn’t look like a franchise QB. We tart spending some 1st and 2nd rounders on offense and this team will change. We keep taking other teams rejects in FA and late round guys and Darnold will fail.

I’m just saying it from the argument that Crowell is a band-aid, it’s obvious that our coaching staff and front office don’t put a high value on having a feature Back but more so of RBBC which is fine has worked for us in the past and has worked for plenty of teams today.

47 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I’m just saying it from the argument that Crowell is a band-aid, it’s obvious that our coaching staff and front office don’t put a high value on having a feature Back but more so of RBBC which is fine has worked for us in the past and has worked for plenty of teams today.

Most these teams going with RBBC though have investments with valuable picks. Even look at a team like NE who doesn’t value RBs. They just chose Michel in Round 1. RBs that can catch are a lot more valuable than they’ve been in the past. And they’re now a premium. Not guys to take a shot on in Round 6. We are constantly behind the trends on the NFL. I like Crowell I really do. He’s arguably my favorite offseason addition beside Darnold. But he isn’t a great receiving back (he’s not awful at it either). That makes Powell or reviving back who looked like he lost a step last year (he is 30). And McGuire is exactly what I’m talking about. He’s not a bad player for his draft spot... but he’s the furthest thing from a threat. He’s a guy you can grab in any draft. But to get those really good RBs that can run, catch and block you haven to invest a top 75-100 pick or so on a guy. And we haven’t done that since 2009 with Greene. And he was not an all around back.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Most these teams going with RBBC though have investments with valuable picks. Even look at a team like NE who doesn’t value RBs. They just chose Michel in Round 1. RBs that can catch are a lot more valuable than they’ve been in the past. And they’re now a premium. Not guys to take a shot on in Round 6. We are constantly behind the trends on the NFL. I like Crowell I really do. He’s arguably my favorite offseason addition beside Darnold. But he isn’t a great receiving back (he’s not awful at it either). That makes Powell or reviving back who looked like he lost a step last year (he is 30). And McGuire is exactly what I’m talking about. He’s not a bad player for his draft spot... but he’s the furthest thing from a threat. He’s a guy you can grab in any draft. But to get those really good RBs that can run, catch and block you haven to invest a top 75-100 pick or so on a guy. And we haven’t done that since 2009 with Greene. And he was not an all around back.

We have Powell to be our receiving back and Eli McGuire has potential 

18 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

And that’s my point and he’s therefor proving it for me then. We don’t draft RBs in the draft of any significance. Every time this team has been good we had a good RB. You can’t ignore offense yearly I te draft and wonder why the offense sucks. You can’t throw Darnold out there with average guys and complain he doesn’t look like a franchise QB. We tart spending some 1st and 2nd rounders on offense and this team will change. We keep taking other teams rejects in FA and late round guys and Darnold will fail.

How many SB winners over the past ten years had elite running games?

10 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

How many SB winners over the past ten years had elite running games?

And they had elite QBs. Are you assuming automatically Darnold will be an elite QB just bc we drafted him 3rd?!??

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

And that’s where I disagree. That’s not exactly threats on an offense imo.

I am more concern about the  TE position, than the running back position. It has been forever since we had a real TE. No matter who the QB will be to start the season he is going to need all the help he can get. Till one of the players we drafted or picked up proves themselves this position is going to be a big void in our offensive. 

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

And they had elite QBs. Are you assuming automatically Darnold will be an elite QB just bc we drafted him 3rd?!??

The fact is that you’re not winning an SB without an elite QB so it doesn’t really matter. It’s a passing league. 

5 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I am more concern about the  TE position, than the running back position. It has been forever since we had a real TE. No matter who the QB will be to start the season he is going to need all the help he can get. Till one of the players we drafted or picked up proves themselves this position is going to be a big void in our offensive. 

Exactly. You can have an RBBC and be fine. 

24 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

The fact is that you’re not winning an SB without an elite QB so it doesn’t really matter. It’s a passing league. 

Nick Fokes just QBd a SB winning team. You don’t need an elite QB. You need a good QB. And look at the weapons Philly has. Way better than ours.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Nick Fokes just QBd a SB winning team. You don’t need an elite QB. You need a good QB. And look at the weapons Philly has. Way better than ours.

That’s an exception not the norm.

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

He played at an elite level throughout the playoffs. Awful argument. Look at recent SB winners.

3 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

He played at an elite level throughout the playoffs. Awful argument. Look at recent SB winners.

There’s a difference between a franchise QB and HOF QBs. You can put average weapons around Brady, Brees, Manning, Big Ben and they’ll still win. The other QBs need the weapons although still franchise QBs. Odds are Darnold won’t be Brady, Brees or Manning. Therefor he will need the weapons.

Archived