Tyrell Crosby

Josh Sweat

Equanimeous St. Brown

Shaquem Griffin

Ian Thomas

Kyle Lauletta

DJ Reed

Auden Tate

I don't expect us to get all of them but if we can grab 1 of these guys at any point in the final day than i'm happy. 

I still want that big target to replace AR15 Chark is on par with ARob size wise but this kid has 4.4 speed at 6'5 I want to see what Keenan can do with him and this is only in a scenario where we don't see a strong enough TE prospect to draft. 

1 hour ago, DuvalsKing said:

I still want that big target to replace AR15 Chark is on par with ARob size wise but this kid has 4.4 speed at 6'5 I want to see what Keenan can do with him and this is only in a scenario where we don't see a strong enough TE prospect to draft. 

Neither of Chark or Equanimeous are remotely similar to ARob as receivers.  They're completely different profiles, complete different builds, completely different everything aside from being "tall".

Though frankly...i don't think this staff value the type of receiver ARob is all that much anyway.  The high volume "possession target" don't concern them much.  Not in this offense at least.

3 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Neither of Chark or Equanimeous are remotely similar to ARob as receivers.  They're completely different profiles, complete different builds, completely different everything aside from being "tall".

Though frankly...i don't think this staff value the type of receiver ARob is all that much anyway.  The high volume "possession target" don't concern them much.  Not in this offense at least.

When I say type of receiver I’m talking merely in long big body targets. ARob is 6’3 209 Chark is 6’3 199 I’d say that is pretty close in body size. I’m talking length of body type not style of play. St. Brown is clearly not their size but he still gives you length with speed to get down the field to go get 50/50 balls for Blake.

1 minute ago, DuvalsKing said:

When I say type of receiver I’m talking merely in long big body targets. ARob is 6’3 209 Chark is 6’3 199 I’d say that is pretty close in body size. I’m talking length of body type not style of play. St. Brown is clearly not there size but he still gives you length with speed to get down the field to go get 50/50 balls for Blake.

I don't really think that's relevant tbh.  Tall players often play very differently.  ARob is closer to like...an overgrown DaeSean Hamilton than he is to either of those other tall and lean "run down the field" guys.

There's tall guys, and then there's actual "big body targets"...which can be very different.  Especially compared to a big body possession target like ARob.

I'm excited for some more assembling of the SEC all star team today.  B|

Really though, still some good players on the board.  Some of them aren't even from the SEC, believe it or not.  Most won't make it to us, but at this point in the draft...who knows???

-Not sure why Tyrell Crosby OT is falling, but he's of obvious interesting.

As for other stuff...

TE: Ian Thomas, Chris Herndon are guys who probably shouldn't still be out there available.

-Tyler Conklin, Dalton Schultz, and Durham Smythe are all reasonable fall-back plans at later points in the draft.  Plus a pure blocker like Matt Flanagan, and weird misfit TE-ish HBack "Tre Burton-esque" types like Cam Seringe (Wake Forest) and Jake Roh (Boise State).

WR: doubt we go there after already getting Chark, but...

-Deon Cain i don't love, but would be very solid value at this point.  DaeSean Hamilton is awesome, thought probably not a fit for our offense (TB12 is gonna make him a star or something).  A smattering of legitimate "big body" receivers like Simmie Cobbs, Marcell Ateman, Justin Watson who will go at some point.  Plus Trey Quinn, and Keke Coutee who is in the running for best name in the draft.

RB: we still need to at least get one more guy in there, considering how heavily depending everything is on the run game.

-John Kelly, Kalen Ballage, Akrum Wadley, Mark Walton, Darrel Williams, Roc Thomas, Chase Edmonds all still out there...plus big boys like Ryan Nall and Chris Warren.

OL: starting to thin out a bit, but quality still available...

-KC McDermott, Wyatt Teller, Sean Welsh, Jaryd Jones-Smith are all guys i like enough to go in the earlier parts of Day3.

-Will Richardson (NC State) looks like a guy who could've maybe even gone Day2 but he's got some off-field stuff i don't really know how to weight against.

Defense: i honestly can't see how they'd go DLine or DB after the picks they've made earlier.  Maybe CB, but that's not something i've worked through in depth.

LB: seems like the one position we still really need a guy on defense just to fill out the starting lineup...

-Tegray Scales, Leon Jacobs, Jack Cichy, Peter Kalambayi, Genard Avery, Quentin Poling, Chris Covington are all guys that interest me a lot as guys who could fill out our LBer corps.  There are a few more WLB types and more "pass rush centric" SAM options that are interesting too, but it's harder to see a fit.  

And of course...QB still has to be on the table.  My 2 preferences outside the "big 5" are still on the board in Luke Falk and Mike White, and at this stage in the draft...there'd be very little ventured in bringing in one of those guys to give it a try.  Both seem like guys who could potentially manage a ground 'n pound offense with the occasional play action shot.

I'm excited for Day 3.  They're probably going to pick people i don't love, but at least they'll probably be a bunch more SEC guys so i at least know who they are or something.

3 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I'm a homer, but I legitimately think Akrum Wadley will be the biggest steal today. He has less weight on him, but his style and ability are so similar to LeSean McCoy.

Yeah I'm a fan.

Archived