• John Dorsey for life
    • Very good first draft.
    • I hate him
    • Bring Sachi back.
    • hornbybrown could of done better
  2. 2. Draft class

• I like it
    • I don't like it
    • I like it, but we could of done better.

2 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Knowing how the draft worked out and the reports we could have traded to number 4 pick to the patriots for Jimmy G would you rather have 

1. Baker and 4. Ward 

or 

1. Barkley and 4. Jimmy G 

Jimmy G. and trade down :P

33 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

Whereas Sashi gutted our (below) par roster, traded down from the same QB, ignored FA and went 0-16. Sounds bad when you look at it like that. The Eagles didn't tank either.

Obviously it's not as simple as that.

The Eagles roster just won a Super Bowl without said QB, so it must not be too bad.

13 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Knowing how the draft worked out and the reports we could have traded to number 4 pick to the patriots for Jimmy G would you rather have 

1. Baker and 4. Ward 

or 

1. Barkley and 4. Jimmy G 

You could offer Mayfield, Ward, Corbett and Chubb to the 49ers and they would hang up the phone laughing.

Says it all...

48 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What was Osweiler? There’s the vet everyone wanted.

He signed RGIII like Hue wanted.

Hue thought McCown was done and offered him a coaching gig.  

Dont those count?

I have to think that they made a play for Jimmy G as well, but the Patriots didn't want to "punish" him by sending him here.

1 minute ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I have to think that they made a play for Jimmy G as well, but the Patriots didn't want to "punish" him by sending him here.

All reports are that we did, and apparently offered the Texans pick for him.

I don’t think it was a lack of effort as much as the circumstances just not coming together.

I think we’d have taken a QB last year if there was a prospect that warranted it.

Personally I’d have put these QB’s Darnold, Baker, Rosen, Trubisky, Mahomes, Watson over the last 2 years.

1 minute ago, Don Roshi said:

So why build when you can focus on winning and win a superbowl?

When you have a roster that has some actual NFL talent and is actually good enough to do so. 

Unless you think teams should just push all their chips to the center of the table every year and try to win every possible game, even if it’s detrimental long term.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

When you have a roster that has some actual NFL talent and is actually good enough to do so. 

Unless you think teams should just push all their chips to the center of the table every year and try to win every possible game, even if it’s detrimental long term.

Not participating in FA was detrimental. Going into a season with what we had at QB is detrimental. There's a big difference between pushing all your chips in and trying to be competitive.

Just now, Don Roshi said:

Not participating in FA was detrimental. Going into a season with what we had at QB is detrimental. There's a big difference between pushing all your chips in and trying to be competitive.

I don’t think you’re understanding the concept of tanking.

2 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

I don't think tanking in the NFL is a good idea.

Then that’s the difference between you and folks who like Sashi.

Ive seen enough 4-6 win teams who tried to win.

I was fine with sacrificing 2 season if it means we have a contender year in, year out.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Then that’s the difference between you and folks who like Sashi.

Ive seen enough 4-6 win teams who tried to win.

I was fine with sacrificing 2 season if it means we have a contender year in, year out.

Those 4-6 win teams drafted poorly. Made poor decisions with the salary cap. Had bad philosophies or no plan at all.

Archived