Post-Draft Roster Moves

KC_Guy

54 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Not a fan of this. Outside of trading for Ragland and the Alex trade, Veach is losing me.

I will have to see how this defense lines up.   Looks like they might be changing how things look along the front 7.  Bailey/Jenkins are similar players on the left side, same could be said for Nnadi/Williams.  

Not sure where Nacho fits in besides being able to spot fill those 2 spots.  With Chris Jones losing some weight, I’m wondering if we push him out a little wider and have him and Tanoh play those reps in base at RE.   Nacho just wouldn’t have the length to play wide.

This is all just trying to piece together what the roster looks like though?

I don't think it's that surprising, after the draft, that Nacho is an odd man out. Maybe surprising for it to happen now, instead of a few months from now. But given the run stopping focus with the front 7, he clearly doesn't really fit that. His issues here have been consistent since he started getting playing time. He'll get the occasional penetration in exchange for occasionally overrunning plays. That kind of trade off does not fit the types of players they're looking at up front. That, and the fact that we increased his playing time last year and his production didn't increase with it. I thought he'd hang around as depth. But not after Speaks and Nnadi and Williams.

RB Akeem Hunt returned to the Chiefs as Reserve/PUP after he was not claimed on waivers.

In other news: TE Randall Telfer was waived by Indianapolis with a "failed physical" designation. Now we know why the Telfer/Nicholas deal did not pass. Unless claimed he should return to Indianapolis as Reserve/PUP as well.

Archived