Official Houston Rockets Thread: Phase 2 on hold

Pastor Dillon

On 11/8/2023 at 9:50 AM, Texansfan713 said:

Whitmore going to the G-League makes no sense to me.  He should be playing, but I guess that's why I'm a fan and not a coach.  

Good that Eason is making his debut tonight.  Should make the bench better.  I'm guessing his minutes tonight will be lower than what it typically will be on a nightly basis. 

I like sending Whitmore to the g-league. Amen needs to go with him when he is back. Those guys arent ready to compete just yet. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I like sending Whitmore to the g-league. Amen needs to go with him when he is back. Those guys arent ready to compete just yet. 

we need scoring off the bench.  I'm glad Eason is back but Whitmore can provide what we actually need.  I kind of get it cause Tate is playing, I just hate the decision. 

I’m starting to become a believer. Udoka is winning me over by what he did last night. He put guys like Green and Smith on the bench in key moments because he didn’t trust their defense. Now green was right back in for offense but Jabari sat the bench. He is not longer playing guys to develop and lose, he’s coaching to win and that’s a welcome change. He didn’t draft these guys so he has no allegiance to them. They are having to earn it and they are starting to do that. 

I spent a year campaigning for us to sign FVV and I don’t think anyone will disagree that he’s not a 40 million dollar player but he was worth every penny of that money to the rockets. We needed a veteran guard badly. We had buckets of money and no one to give it to. So yes we overpaid but we really didn’t lose anything in the process. 

now the stretch coming up is brutal. 

It’s a real good thing we’ve won 5 straight because we play

Nuggets Sunday and then get a bye week 

And then 3 games in 4 nights against clippers, lakers, warriors. 

Now granted the clippers are struggling and we beat the dog mess out of the lakers but I would still not put us as the favorites in any of those 4 games. 

Let’s say we can go 1-3 in them. That puts us at 6-6 

We get a game against th grizzlies that we should win to go to 7-6

Then it’s back to murder row
Denver
Dallas
Denver 
Lakers

1-3 seems like a great stretch which puts us at 8-9 

And then things get much easier  

So I’m gonna without judgement the next couple weeks and if we are somewhere between 7-10 and 9-8 after 17 games, I’ll feel good about the season. 

Basically we need to start at the same record the Texans finish with.

when we play defense we will be in every game. Our offense is still not good so we need our D to keep us in games. On nights where they both click, we could beat anyone. On nights they both don’t click we could get beat badly. 

• 2 weeks later...

Biggest game we have played in several years tonight. I really dont expect us to beat the Mavs on the road. They will want to keep us out of the tourney, but since they cant make it, maybe they dont take it as serious. This is a good look at how a Udoka coached rockets team will perform when we have elimination on the line. Should be fun!

9-1 at home
0-8 on the road 

either way, I’m happy to be .500 18 games into the season against the schedule we’ve played. 

We have a 7 game home stand coming up in a few weeks that is a little easier competition wise than what we’ve been facing. If we can get there at .500 we could make up some ground. 

We are loaded on defense. Number 1 defense 1/4 through the season with the schedule we have had? I’ll take that. 

offense is a major concern. We just don’t have a guy that can go get a bucket. We have green who just folds and is worthless when his jacked up shot isn’t falling. FVV just jacks up 3s. We need someone to go get a bucket. 

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We are loaded on defense. Number 1 defense 1/4 through the season with the schedule we have had? I’ll take that. 

offense is a major concern. We just don’t have a guy that can go get a bucket. We have green who just folds and is worthless when his jacked up shot isn’t falling. FVV just jacks up 3s. We need someone to go get a bucket. 

last night was one of the ugliest wins ive seen from the Rockets probably ever.  Offense was a mess.  If it wasnt for Eason's great game playing sick we would have gotten blown out by the Spurs. 

16 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

last night was one of the ugliest wins ive seen from the Rockets probably ever.  Offense was a mess.  If it wasnt for Eason's great game playing sick we would have gotten blown out by the Spurs. 

Honestly I’m at the point where I’d be more than willing to package Green, a 1st, Oladipo and Landale to go after someone. I’m not sure who that would be at the moment but we have the assets to get an all star caliber player.