Caris LeVert

Jamal Crawford

Jerami Grant

Patty Mills

Chandler Parsons

Kent Bazemore

Tyler Johnson

Josh Jackson

You certainly have your opinions and I applaud you for that. I disagree on a whole bunch, but let's just concentrate on the biggest one that I'm sure you knew would get the most responses:

Stephen Curry at #10, especially behind Westbrook and Irving, is factually incorrect. You're going to need to explain that one.

very curious on these rankings. how would you justify some of these things like:

Dejounte Murray being better than Clint Capela?

Aron Baynes being better than Aaron Gordon?

Trevor Ariza being better than CJ McCollum?

Shaun Livingston being better than Otto Porter?

Enes Kanter being better than Lamarcus Aldridge?

I'll stop there just to get at least get some narrative going. Just curious. I was a frustrated basketball fan that watched mayyyybe 5 games between Jan-Apr, so maybe I missed a lot. 

17 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

very curious on these rankings. how would you justify some of these things like:

I'll stop there just to get at least get some narrative going. Just curious. I was a frustrated basketball fan that watched mayyyybe 5 games between Jan-Apr, so maybe I missed a lot. 

You didn't.  None of those are very defendable.

10 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

You certainly have your opinions and I applaud you for that. I disagree on a whole bunch, but let's just concentrate on the biggest one that I'm sure you knew would get the most responses:

Stephen Curry at #10, especially behind Westbrook and Irving, is factually incorrect. You're going to need to explain that one.

Curry: Injury prone, mediocre defensively, not physical. All strengths of Westbrook. If you want to say Curry is better overall than Irving I have no qualms. I just think Irving has matched up well in the past against Curry, playing slightly better defensively and coming up clutch, (per usual).

9 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

Murray is a comparable rebounder to Capela as a point guard due to his long reach and superior athleticism. Capela obviously plays closer to the rim and has a size advantage so he is productive as a big man alongside James Harden and the Rockets offensive system. Dejounte Murray is also among the best perimeter defensive players in the NBA which is a huge reason why I have him ranked ahead of Harrison Barnes and Lou Williams, among others. What separates Murray from Capela for me is he is the Spurs facilitator offensively and can create his own shot. Whether Murray is handling the ball or not, he can get to the rim and finish consistently. Both he and Capela are good young players, but Murray seems like an ascending talent to me.

Baynes is one of the best defensive centers in the NBA and has enough athleticism to cover in space on occassion. Gordon is a better offensive player than Baynes, but overall I put Baynes as high as he is for his discipline on both ends of the court as well as his defensive ability and presence as a selfless team leader.

Ariza is one of my favorite NBA players for his all around game. He has always been one of the better players in transition, but his half court game is underrated. Ariza is longer, more athletic, savvier handling, better passing, stronger defensively, and proven in the playoffs as a player who elevates his play. I give the edge to McCollum shooting but Ariza is not much worse. McCollum is getting better and Ariza is nearing the end of his prime however so I can see a case to be made against Ariza in 2019.

Livingston is one of the more underrated players playing behind Steph Curry on a stacked Golden State roster. Otto Porter Junior is one of the more overrated players because he is on a team without much depth and he is a volume shooter, a little above average at that. Porter Jr. is not very athletic, doesn't seem to elevate his own play or his teammates play, and is uinspiring defensively. Livingston is a facilitator, quick, fairly long, can shoot comparably to Porter, and is a notch better defensively.

Aldridge I'll grant you is better than Kanter. I was a big fan of Kanter's in OKC and I think he got even better with the Knick's.

Archived