Battlefield V

Norm

My first reaction to the trailer is that it did the exact opposite that made BF1 so good and that is stick to source material. This looks super cartoony and just like an over the top COD. I hope they stick to the history and, generally speaking, time accurate stuff that BF1 did.

I'm not worried though because theres a long way to release and this is just a trailer. 

55 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I hope they stick to the history and, generally speaking, time accurate stuff that BF1 did.

The only thing the trailer shows is that will absolutely NOT be the case.

They are going after the big money. The Fortnite kids. Skins and MTX for daaaays

9 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

The only thing the trailer shows is that will absolutely NOT be the case.

They are going after the big money. The Fortnite kids. Skins and MTX for daaaays

That's pretty clear. But there's more of a why to it. You go with a free dlc model, you just left a lot of money on the table. IDK exact numbers but say they sold 100 million with of dlc, that's probably low, you have too recoup that. They aren't just letting that go. They had to compromise.

Now go watch westie or jackfrags video of the gameplay changes. It doesn't jive AT ALL with what you'd expect from that art work. I don't care about superficial crap, I'll take robot arms if the game plays as well as it sounds. They are taking the gameplay seriously if all the stuff they are planning is real. Everyone's crapping on it because that trailer sucked and yeah the models suck but all the gameplay stuff sounds like a wet dream

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

My first reaction to the trailer is that it did the exact opposite that made BF1 so good and that is stick to source material. This looks super cartoony and just like an over the top COD. I hope they stick to the history and, generally speaking, time accurate stuff that BF1 did.

I'm not worried though because theres a long way to release and this is just a trailer. 

It's gonna stay with that over the top customization. Dlc goes free and this is how we pay the piper. The gameplay sounds ******* amazing if it all works like it sounds. I'll take stupid characters for that and no split player base and dlc maps dead after a couple weeks. I'll take that every day.

They really screwed the pooch with that reveal though, that looked terrible. IDK how they thought that was gonna work.

5 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

no split player base and dlc maps dead after a couple weeks. I'll take that every day.

I'm SO glad both COD and BF finally got their acts together this year, at least for this one thing.

I'm not excited about having to level up your guns, though. I hate games where person X is better because they simply have a higher level gun than player Y. Everyone should be at the same level, and players who are better need to separate themselves with skill, not how many levels your MG has.

That being said, I also want to see how the fortifications thing is going to play out. It could either be really stupid, or something that adds a lot of depth.

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

I'm SO glad both COD and BF finally got their acts together this year, at least for this one thing.

The offset is all this customization kiddie crap.. But I can more than live with that if the game play is good and it sounds great

1 hour ago, Darth Pees said:

I'm not excited about having to level up your guns, though. I hate games where person X is better because they simply have a higher level gun than player Y. Everyone should be at the same level, and players who are better need to separate themselves with skill, not how many levels your MG has.

That being said, I also want to see how the fortifications thing is going to play out. It could either be really stupid, or something that adds a lot of depth.

Level up guns? What did I miss

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

That is going to be in every game, regardless

I think if they had premium it wouldn't have been as prevalent, but yeah more or less true.

Also, on the topic of "diversity"...

Companies don't include non-historical characters just to be "SJWs" or because there is some big media conspiracy, they do it because there are people out there that want to play as a female character (for example) and including them in the game will sell more copies, sell more MTX, keep people playing longer, etc.. It is just about the money. The consumers want it, therefore they provide it. EA and Activision don't give a single crap about promoting a diversity agenda.

16 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

How is Battlefield V not Battlefield Vietnam?

Ehhh, skip.

I'm not really sure what DICE is doing here...

1. They release a WWII game a year after COD WWII (which was a major failure) and directly after their WWI game.

2. They release a teaser that accomplishes nothing other than showing unrealistic skins will be heavily featured.

3. The release their teaser a week after Black Ops 4.

4. They are releasing the game after Black Ops 4, and right around the same time as RDR2.

It just really feels like they are setting themselves up for failure.

6 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I'm not really sure what DICE is doing here...

1. They release a WWII game a year after COD WWII (which was a major failure) and directly after their WWI game.

2. They release a teaser that accomplishes nothing other than showing unrealistic skins will be heavily featured.

3. The release their teaser a week after Black Ops 4.

4. They are releasing the game after Black Ops 4, and right around the same time as RDR2.

It just really feels like they are setting themselves up for failure.

WW2 part was in development before they were aware COD was coming out with WW2. At least that's what we've be told. That this game was in development before they knew what cod was. So that wasn't any sort of plan.

Supposedly the V other than obviously being a 5 also has someone to do with Victory which was a whatever saying during the war. Mostly linked with Churchill. Truth be told, much like Hardline. I don't care what it's called. That shouldn't be important.

Teaser sucked. But like we discussed when you drop the dlc model, they aren't going to just let that money go, here's how they fill that void. Not splitting the player base should be worth ignoring silly skins, IMO.

Was massively disinterested until I watched the jackfrags video. But you still have to wonder why that's what they chose to focus on for reveal. Who thought that was the right idea over the stuff JF told us, that's just stupid. Has to be the suits up top pushing the mtx crap early.

4 is typical too I think. Releasing right around COD. Nothing out of the norm.

Not trying to be super fan boy but showing the other side to the complaints

39 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Also, on the topic of "diversity"...

Companies don't include non-historical characters just to be "SJWs" or because there is some big media conspiracy, they do it because there are people out there that want to play as a female character (for example) and including them in the game will sell more copies, sell more MTX, keep people playing longer, etc.. It is just about the money. The consumers want it, therefore they provide it. EA and Activision don't give a single crap about promoting a diversity agenda.

Women were in bf1 and you didn't exactly choose them. Or being black. And there was no mtx in there for it. I agree with you nearly 100% but some of it is avoiding negative media pr issues. Which is stupid. That would never grow large enough to matter. I guess maybe in bf1 was conditioning us. They don't care to be SJWs but they would rather avoid any possible backlash. They likely have a more liberal agenda too. They're know to be anyways, look who hosted the event even.

Archived