2018 FIFA World Cup Group C & Group D

LeeEvans

Croatia sent Nikola Kalinic home since he refused to come on as a sub.  I don't get why a player would ever do that in a World Cup.  Croatia always seem to have so many issues with their national team.

33 minutes ago, PAW said:

Croatia sent Nikola Kalinic home since he refused to come on as a sub.  I don't get why a player would ever do that in a World Cup.  Croatia always seem to have so many issues with their national team.

I can see why he would be frustrated. But refusing to come on was ridiculous. He'll regret that decision.

On 17/06/2018 at 2:43 PM, kempus said:

And then choked, as he always does Internationaly. Also, look at who Messi has around him, that team should be making the World cup final. As others have noted, it's as much Messi's falut that Argentina haven't matched their immense potential as anyone else.

lmao Higuain and Palacio missed two sitters that my nanny would make and it's Messi's fault. You clearly don't see Argentina games, in basically every game it's Messi or nothing, they're so dependent on him it's ridiculous. Argentina's poor perfomances come more from poor coaching/selections and as contrary to the general idea, their squad isn't even that good. Backline and GK are mostly trash, the midfield is bang average and players like Di Maria, Higuain, etc are terribly overrated. 

16 hours ago, PAW said:

Didn't know one season determined who has had a better career, but the accurate statistics for this year are:

Messi 45 goals in 54 games

Ronaldo 44 goals in 44 games (while going further in CL...harder to keep scoring)

But I'm done arguing, it is pointless.  Messi is flashier, Ronaldo is more productive and a serial winner.

Yeah Messi isn't a winner, and Ronaldo isn't flash at all.

You're all over the place, son.

7 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I'm more than happy that both are top 5 of all time. But when people start saying "Messi is just flash, Ronaldo is a winner"....I just can't....

IllinformedTenseDartfrog-max-1mb.gif

Flash Gordon.

That was at least 10 years ago in fairness.

2 hours ago, viks4life said:

lmao Higuain and Palacio missed two sitters that my nanny would make and it's Messi's fault. You clearly don't see Argentina games, in basically every game it's Messi or nothing, they're so dependent on him it's ridiculous. Argentina's poor perfomances come more from poor coaching/selections and as contrary to the general idea, their squad isn't even that good. Backline and GK are mostly trash, the midfield is bang average and players like Di Maria, Higuain, etc are terribly overrated. 

Fantastically constructed argument. Well done, mate xD

In a poll conducted by AS, just shy of 50% of Spanish fans want understudy Kepa Arrizabalaga to start Spain's next match against Iran on Wednesday, while only 39% were keen on De Gea keeping his place. The remaining minority opted for veteran Pepe Reina.

Why would anyone want to play for or in Spain, they have the most fickle fans on earth.

Archived