2018 FIFA World Cup Group C & Group D

LeeEvans

50 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

He's always tanked. It's a shambles, TV shouldn't show him, they almost encourage the behaviour.

He's untouchable because he used to be able to kick a bag of air around. It's wrong and parents shouldn't have to explain it to their kids.

I agree. I hate that hes revered and people actually listen to what comes out of his mouth. Hes a complete moron at absolute best.

18 minutes ago, drd23 said:

How Nigeria didn't get a penalty for the high foot that basically kicked Musa in the head, I'll never understand

You and me both.  That it was Rojo with that high kick that ended up getting the winner is also noteworthy.

Also, last I knew (because it's that way even in my indoor leagues that use FIFA rules) if you were bleeding you were supposed to be sent off the pitch and not allowed back on until the bleeded was stemmed.  Yet, Mascherano was allowed to run around with an open, bleeding cut for the majority of the second half.  I mean hell, I was made to change my socks in a match once because I'd pulled them up to cover a bleeding cut on my knee and even though the bleeding was stopped, the socks still showed blood so I was sent off the pitch and not allowed to return until I had socks with no trace of blood stain on them.

32 minutes ago, The LBC said:

You and me both.  That it was Rojo with that high kick that ended up getting the winner is also noteworthy.

Also, last I knew (because it's that way even in my indoor leagues that use FIFA rules) if you were bleeding you were supposed to be sent off the pitch and not allowed back on until the bleeded was stemmed.  Yet, Mascherano was allowed to run around with an open, bleeding cut for the majority of the second half.  I mean hell, I was made to change my socks in a match once because I'd pulled them up to cover a bleeding cut on my knee and even though the bleeding was stopped, the socks still showed blood so I was sent off the pitch and not allowed to return until I had socks with no trace of blood stain on them.

I found that very interesting as well. I do recall seeing another match at the WC with someone bleeding not going off but can't recall which one. I wonder if they are less strict now or if it is down to individual ref or something because Mascherano was beyond anything I've seen running around the pitch while thoroughly bleeding haha.

9 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I wonder if they are less strict now

Even if they have relaxed the blood rule, surely free flowing blood like that should still be attended to both for health/sanitation reasons and aesthetics. 

And its not like it'd take all that long to temporarily patch up either - just a touch of iodine, some haemorrhoid cream and a bandage - all which could be done in a shorter period of time than some players spend rolling around on the ground for a fake injury

1 minute ago, drd23 said:

Even if they have relaxed the blood rule, surely free flowing blood like that should still be attended to both for health/sanitation reasons and aesthetics. 

And its not like it'd take all that long to temporarily patch up either - just a touch of iodine, some haemorrhoid cream and a bandage - all which could be done in a shorter period of time than some players spend rolling around on the ground for a fake injury

I dont disagree at all. It was very strange that it was ignored for such a long time. I think Mascherano bleeding freely will be one of the most remembered images of the World Cup, at least for me. 

1 hour ago, drd23 said:

If I recall, the rule is less about the safety of the bleeder and more about the safety of those who could/would be bled on.

2 hours ago, The LBC said:

If I recall, the rule is less about the safety of the bleeder and more about the safety of those who could/would be bled on.

That was the case when these sort of rules were implemented in many sports, although the risk of exposure of to a blood borne disease, let alone transmission, in these circumstances is incredibly unlikely.

Holy crap, anyone see the interview with Messi after the match? Some reporter is talking to him and says: "I dont know if you remember but I gave you a good luck amulet that my mother gave me, you probably threw it away..."

Messi lifts up his left leg and has the amulet tied around his ankle. The reporter is speechless and in disbelief.

You seriously cannot hate Messi, that's amazing.

Link to Video.

3 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

@LeeEvans fyi might wanna look at r16 fixtures for a,b,c and d as the games are on Saturday

I'll try and get to it tonight. I'm closing on a house in a week and a half so it's been kind of crazy when I get home from work. 

4 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I'll try and get to it tonight. I'm closing on a house in a week and a half so it's been kind of crazy when I get home from work. 

Send me the format you are using and I can help out if you like?

My missus is away for a few days so I'm free tonight. Obviously not tomorrow. #itscominghome

Archived