2018 FIFA World Cup Group C & Group D

LeeEvans

1 minute ago, texans_uk said:

Nah never a red

Seeing it on a third replay, I agree simply because he was moving behind him to try and get some position. From the initial look it looked like he might have just taken out the legs to stop the break, but wasn't the case on replay.

2 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Seeing it on a third replay, I agree simply because he was moving behind him to try and get some position. From the initial look it looked like he might have just taken out the legs to stop the break, but wasn't the case on replay.

There was cover too.

28 minutes ago, PAW said:

What happened on that one?  I was watching the Portugal/Iran game since I had more on the line.

It was the first game of the group against Iran. I think he took a kick to the head and then the Moroccan doctors were literally just slapping his face and he played the rest of the match and against Portugal.

Just now, PAW said:

That type of contact happens on every corner, it didn't even look like he was pulling that bad looked more like a dive as soon as he realized hands were around him

Yeah that was definitely softer than some other no calls. As the commentators are saying it's a little more visible since hes not in the middle and it's the referee who is calling it and not VAR.

Just now, dotmotion said:

How they aren't playing Biglia is absurd. Argentina definitely deserves to go out. 

Yeah I guess it's just because one of the few natural leaders. Biglia and Banega look like they could have solved some problems. 

2 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Yeah that was definitely softer than some other no calls. As the commentators are saying it's a little more visible since hes not in the middle and it's the referee who is calling it and not VAR.

I don't mind calling it, I think more should be. Essentially what has happened on corners and free kicks near the box is someone said "Well no one defends without fouling so just don't call the foul," instead of saying if you can't defend without fouling that is your problem.

Archived