2018 FIFA World Cup Group G & Group H

LeeEvans

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

Colombia better be careful of the set pieces and penalties then...

Set pieces aren't exactly a joke though, so don't understand the sarcasm.

This Colombia team have showed on multiple occasions they can't defend a set piece.

2 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I think that's incredibly harsh on Colombia. I'm not saying England should be terrified but Colombia are a quality side. Poland have not been a factor in this match outside of the long ball to Lewandowski and a couple of chances from corners. 

Colombia could absolutely beat England.

What's harsh? That I thought they were better against Japan? Or that I think Poland have been awful?

Colombia are an excellent team. But the idea England don't want any part of them is ridiculous.

Just now, texans_uk said:

What's harsh? That I thought they were better against Japan? Or that I think Poland have been awful?

Colombia are an excellent team. But the idea England don't want any part of them is ridiculous.

That there is nothing to fear from Colombia. I would not want to face James, Falcao or Quintero with a backline that is bang average.

4 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

You'd expect that from any side really that advances to the final 16.

I don't this has been any more impressive that the Japan performance. The Poles have been architects of their own downfall, playing on the halfway line and giving the ball away very cheaply. 

England will keep the ball better, have far more threat from the full backs and have a striker in form.

I'd obviously rather play Poland, but there's nothing to be afraid of here.

Not necessarily, I mean if you played Russia, Uruguay or Portugal maybe then your defense could rest easily. 

I don’t trust England’s defense do deal with high press. Cuadrado will abuse young. No doubt that defensively Colombia are vulnerable though. 

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

That there is nothing to fear from Colombia. I would not want to face James, Falcao or Quintero with a backline that is bang average.

We shouldn't be afraid of them. They are very talented (you forgot Cuadrado) but I think we are good enough to handle them and I think our main strength will be offering far more of a threat than this Poland side.

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

Not necessarily, I mean if you played Russia, Uruguay or Portugal maybe then your defense could rest easily. 

I don’t trust England’s defense do deal with high press. Cuadrado will abuse young. No doubt that defensively Colombia are vulnerable though. 

I agree on Young, I really hope Rose starts against Belgium.

Russia are an anomaly in a terrible group, agree on Portugal, Uruguay just haven't clicked. 

3 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

I was obviously exaggerating a tad. Ideally England don’t wanna face Colombia rather than say Senegal or Japan as they will cause them a lot of problems.

Just now, texans_uk said:

We shouldn't be afraid of them. They are very talented (you forgot Cuadrado) but I think we are good enough to handle them and I think our main strength will be offering far more of a threat than this Poland side.

I agree with you, England should definitely not be afraid of Colombia and would be favorites but Colombia could still very well beat England. 

Cuadrado's end product is usually pretty poor so I left him out but his running is huge.

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

I was obviously exaggerating a tad. Ideally England don’t wanna face Colombia rather than say Senegal or Japan as they will cause them a lot of problems.

Yeah I think my reaction was a bit exaggerated too. Colombia have dominated this game in terms of goals, but have looked a liability at the back and haven't really kept possession all that well.

Poland have been dreadful. Not sure they've strung more than 3 passes together.

Two completely opposite performances from Poland and Colombia. Once the game settled down Colombia dominated that match. They were bright and positive on the ball and the movement of their front four was brilliant. I thought all four of them have a case for MOTM, Quintero really impressed me. 

Poland were dreadful in every way. No creativity, no energy and I can remember two chances that really come out of nothing. They're going home and deservedly so.

Archived