2018 FIFA World Cup Group G & Group H

LeeEvans

25 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Am I the only one a little surprised that neither team is going for the win here? Yeah, 2nd place puts you on the easier half of the draw, but there's also a massive difference in quality between Colombia and Japan. There's a very decent chance that 1st place in this group reaches the quarters while 2nd place doesn't. And it seems pretty likely that Spain will make the semis on that side of the bracket. So really all you're doing is giving up an easier Round of 16 matchup in exchange for an easier quarterfinal game, except there's no guarantee you'll make the quarters because you're going up against a really good team in the Round of 16 now. 

Think they are both confident whatever the draw and preventing suspensions and not risking injuries outweighs getting first. 

13 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

This is a pretty terrible game so far. Hopefully the second half is a bit better.

I mean terrible is quite a strong word.

Considering some of the crap we've seen so far.

Bare in my there's been 17 changes between the two teams.

I actually think it's not been too bad. I don't think the second half will get better.

2 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

I mean terrible is quite a strong word.

Considering some of the crap we've seen so far.

Bare in my there's been 17 changes between the two teams.

I actually think it's not been too bad. I don't think the second half will get better.

In my defense I did say pretty terrible, not completely. Its definitely not been great. 

19 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

This is a pretty terrible game so far. Hopefully the second half is a bit better.

I switched over to the Tunisia/Panama match before half-time and I have not regretted that decision.

Archived