Jamies Winston Suspended First Three Weeks

REDandPEWTER

I’m disgusted by the glazers and Licht if they don’t take action. His actions coming into the league were questionable and obviously he has lost all trust and accountability. He didn’t come into this league with zero baggage. 

Licht made it a point to say “no risk it , no biscuit” as he thought he’d over come his immaturity because the talent on the field was too good. Well he hasn’t been that good on the field. He’s not only immature, he’s trash as a human being. He’s a poor leader. He’s let everyone down who trusted him in the organization to his teammates and to all Bucs fans. 

Hes scum that continues to be protected by the league, by his friends/witnesses and by Florida state and their own police department. He and his witness got caught lying this time around. It’s unfortunate they didn’t get caught lying a few years ago when he was under investigation for rape. Because all of this makes him look guilty then as it was mishandled and the key witness backed him up. 

When adrian Peterson was under investigation for child abuse the Vikings did the right thing and suspended him a full year. And that was the first incident he was under  

The glazers and Licht need to do something to wake him up. The nfl let him off easy, which I don’t agree with all to avoid the legal process of a lengthy appeal. 

The glazers and Jason Licht gave winston a chance when other execs all commented on “could they trust him” “immature” “extremely risky on and off the field.” He proved the Bucs wrong and everyone else right. 

The glAzers will now face more backlash from the community. Their sponsors who support the Bucs. The women in the community. This isn’t over as their could be some consequences for them continuing to support this trash. 

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Honestly, give it a week and everyone will have something new to be upset about. Sucks. But it is what it is.

I dont think it is a coincidence the finality of this case was released Thursday afternoon before the week of 4th of July.  

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Honestly, give it a week and everyone will have something new to be upset about. Sucks. But it is what it is.

One of the guys I work with was going off about Jameis to me today. I agreed that he’s got some issues but then mentioned Ben from an NFL business standpoint and if Jameis never does anything else to violate the player conduct policy again that in 10 years, especially if he starts winning, hardly anyone will remember him for this. My colleague then said Big Ben was a different situation and not a big deal...

10 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

One of the guys I work with was going off about Jameis to me today. I agreed that he’s got some issues but then mentioned Ben from an NFL business standpoint and if Jameis never does anything else to violate the player conduct policy again that in 10 years, especially if he starts winning, hardly anyone will remember him for this. My colleague then said Big Ben was a different situation and not a big deal...

Exactly.

Time heals all wounds. And winning fixes everything.

Again, I'm not excusing anything. But that's just how things are. Even guys like Kevin Spacey and Louis CK are already slowly getting back into showbiz. And it's only been a few months since they were among the most hated men in the country.

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Exactly.

Time heals all wounds. And winning fixes everything.

Again, I'm not excusing anything. But that's just how things are. Even guys like Kevin Spacey and Louis CK are already slowly getting back into showbiz. And it's only been a few months since they were among the most hated men in the country.

THis is actually really sad. He gets away with rape. And gets a slap on the wrist. 

I hope the glazers lose a lot of sponsorships and endorsements and the community does not rally behind this scum. 

Just now, REDandPEWTER said:

THis is actually really sad. He gets away with rape. And gets a slap on the wrist. 

I hope the glazers lose a lot of sponsorships and endorsements and the community does not rally behind this scum. 

He didn't rape anyone, as far as any of us know. He was accused of grabbing someone. 

Not to take away from how bad that is. But there IS a difference.

If we cut him tomorrow, I'd be bummed from a football perspective. We've spent a lot of time and money building the offense around Jameis specifically. We'd be starting over from square one. And it would set us back years. But I'd get it and support the decision. 

We don't know 100% that he did it. But unlike the FSU allegations, this situation seems to have merit. And that's ****ed up.

It sucks. It sucks for the female driver. I can't imagine what that's like. It sucks for Koetter and all our coaches, going into (potentially) their last season here; desperately needing to win games to keep their jobs. It sucks for Licht, who I'm sure had a hand in taking Jameis. Jameis was his guy and he's defended him every step of the way with 100% confidence. This sucks for the entire organization. Nobody talks about the Bucs... until now. And nothing good has/can/will come from this. This sucks for Jameis' fianceé and his unborn child.

This is an awful situation for everyone involved. There is no way to spin this as something that resembles a positive.

15 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

He didn't rape anyone, as far as any of us know. He was accused of grabbing someone. 

Not to take away from how bad that is. But there IS a difference.

If we cut him tomorrow, I'd be bummed from a football perspective. We've spent a lot of time and money building the offense around Jameis specifically. We'd be starting over from square one. And it would set us back years. But I'd get it and support the decision. 

We don't know 100% that he did it. But unlike the FSU allegations, this situation seems to have merit. And that's ****ed up.

It sucks. It sucks for the female driver. I can't imagine what that's like. It sucks for Koetter and all our coaches, going into (potentially) their last season here; desperately needing to win games to keep their jobs. It sucks for Licht, who I'm sure had a hand in taking Jameis. Jameis was his guy and he's defended him every step of the way with 100% confidence. This sucks for the entire organization. Nobody talks about the Bucs... until now. And nothing good has/can/will come from this. This sucks for Jameis' fianceé and his unborn child.

This is an awful situation for everyone involved. There is no way to spin this as something that resembles a positive.

He did at Florida state. Dude should be in jail. 

Then less than a year after he was drafted he goes and touches a woman inappropriately.  

He has no credibility for what happened at Florida state and Erica kinsman somewhere has to be wishing she had better support from FSU and the police because they botched that up and believed a witness (darby) who’s flat out trash. 

I have zero sympathy for winston, the Bucs organization who supports this trash. It’s dispicable and I am sad to be a Bucs fan of ownership and front office who thinks he deserves another chance. 

The nfl messed this up as he should have gotten the full 6. 

I wouldn’t be the least bit bummed. I would rather ride with Fitzpatrick all year. There’s more to life than football and condoning this behavior is pathetic. 

4 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

It just goes to show the difference that time makes. In what world is grabbing someone inappropriately for 3-5 seconds, before stopping when asked, worse than what Ben was accused of.

There are some ridiculous hot takes out there at the minute.

5 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

It just goes to show the difference that time makes. In what world is grabbing someone inappropriately for 3-5 seconds, before stopping when asked, worse than what Ben was accused of.

There are some ridiculous hot takes out there at the minute.

Uhh neither are remotely acceptable. And you’re forgetting the pattern of winstons putrid behavior. This isn’t his first accusation. That comment seems like it implies that he had a clean slate coming in and it’s his first time he’s been in trouble. 

No. We’ve seen and heard winston too many times for bad behavior.  Rape , scream sexual derogatory in the studen union while being under investigation for rape, stealing crab legs, shooting each other with BB guns, he tells little kids that women are meant to be silent, and now this. I won’t get into his immaturity and behavior on the field Bc right now I don’t care about football aspects. 

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Uhh neither are remotely acceptable. And you’re forgetting the pattern of winstons putrid behavior. This isn’t his first accusation. That comment seems like it implies that he had a clean slate coming in and it’s his first time he’s been in trouble. 

No. We’ve seen and heard winston too many times for bad behavior.  Rape , scream sexual derogatory in the studen union while being under investigation for rape, stealing crab legs, shooting each other with BB guns, he tells little kids that women are meant to be silent, and now this. I won’t get into his immaturity and behavior on the field Bc right now I don’t care about football aspects. 

Thanks for reminding me that sexual assault and sexual abuse are unacceptable.

Where would this board be without you, your moral compass, or your selective distortion of the facts?

Archived