• EDGE Khalil Mack
    • EDGE Von Miller
    • EDGE Calais Campbell
    • LB Luke Kuechly
    • LB Bobby Wagner
    • CB Casey Heyward
    • CB Jalen Ramsey
    • S Harrison Smith
    • Other (I can only put 20 choices on here so if I missed your choice whoops -- Please specify)
  2. 2. -Second Choice-

• QB Tom Brady
    • QB Aaron Rodgers
    • RB Todd Gurley
    • RB Ezekiel Elliot
    • WR Antonio Brown
    • WR Julio Jones
    • TE Rob Gronkowski
    • T David Bakhitari
    • T Trent Williams
    • G Zach Martin
    • DT Aaron Donald
    • EDGE Khalil Mack
    • EDGE Von Miller
    • EDGE Calais Campbell
    • LB Luke Kuechly
    • LB Bobby Wagner
    • CB Casey Heyward
    • CB Jalen Ramsey
    • S Harrison Smith
    • Other (I can only put 20 choices on here so if I missed your choice whoops -- Please specify)

I thought I was going to just vote Brady and Donald but have to pause. Were they really that much better than the other top guys at their positions last year, or is it just a vote on my part based on reputation and positional value?

I miss the good old days where we could just vote Watt #1 and call it a day.

18 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

This is part of the reason why the NFL list is so bad - scattered criteria amongst the voters. 

Except with the NFL there are marketing implications - here the differences in criteria should essentially wash out.

54 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Except with the NFL there are marketing implications - here the differences in criteria should essentially wash out.

If I’m judging a player “moving forward”, then an old man like Brady won’t be above Rodgers. If it’s based off last season, Wentz and Rodgers shouldn’t even be in the top 25. If I’m going off of right now, are Rodgers and Wentz even medically cleared? 

Hard to have a good list if there’s going to be different criteria amongst the <50 voters.

25 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

If I’m judging a player “moving forward”, then an old man like Brady won’t be above Rodgers

You wouldn't be judging him "moving forward" passed the 2018 season, though.

FWIW, my criteria is "based on all that's known about a players past performance and current situation for 2018, where should he be ranked?"

Therefore, Wentz isn't left off the list because it's not ONLY the 2017 season context which frames the 2018 season.

57 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

You wouldn't be judging him "moving forward" passed the 2018 season, though.

22 hours ago, Danger said:

Up to you to judge. Whether you believe it to be to this point, or moving forward, or both.

So its it’s up for debate. Different criteria will give you different answers. 

34 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Yeah but I mean, who's assembling this list with the 2019 season in mind? Anybody? Make yourselves known...

You don’t think “who would you rather have going forward, extremely old/accomplished elite QB vs younger/not as accomplished elite QB” would get you different answers from “who would you take right now, extremely old/accomplished elite QB vs younger/not as accomplished elite QB”?

Going forward doesn’t mean one season. I’d take Jared Goff going forward over Drew Brees, doesn’t mean I’d take him over Brees right now.

17 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Exactly, “if”.

Goff>Brees going forward. 

Brees>Goff for 2018. 

Okay, and as of yet not a single poster has indicated they would be ranking like that. So it's kind of a chicken little situation.

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Okay, and as of yet not a single poster has indicated they would be ranking like that. So it's kind of a chicken little situation.

You realize that’s a double edged sword, right? Not a single poster said they were using your criteria either. I’m not the one trying to say people are doing this or that, I’m saying there’s ambiguity here - which is evident, if you just look at the difference of opinion between the two of us. Just because no one cares to jump into what is a silly conversation at this point, doesn’t mean much at all.

If anything, the two other posts ITT made about the criteria are doing exactly what I believe to be the problem - questioning what it is. 

On 6/28/2018 at 10:00 AM, Yin-Yang said:

If I’m judging a player “moving forward”, then an old man like Brady won’t be above Rodgers. If it’s based off last season, Wentz and Rodgers shouldn’t even be in the top 25. If I’m going off of right now, are Rodgers and Wentz even medically cleared? 

Hard to have a good list if there’s going to be different criteria amongst the <50 voters.

Isn't this the same issue as the NFLN's players' list?  

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Isn't this the same issue as the NFLN's players' list?  

Yeah, that’s what I was saying before.

@cddolphin thinks it’ll balance out based on no one saying they think differently than he does (except for myself, and at least two others who weren’t sure what the voting was based on).

Archived