Why Is The NBA Offseason Viewed As More Fun Than The NFL Offseason?

the lone star

Most of the NFL offseason is DUIs, PEDs, domestic violence, stupid social commentary stuff, etc and that is no fun. The NBA pushes players personalities more than the NFL so we know them better and maybe care more or at least more involved/knowledgeable. 

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Most of the NFL offseason is DUIs, PEDs, domestic violence, stupid social commentary stuff, etc and that is no fun. The NBA pushes players personalities more than the NFL so we know them better and maybe care more or at least more involved/knowledgeable. 

The NBA players also taking over the league. Butler turns down a big extension because he isn’t happy with the young guys in Minnesota after just one season.. Irving thinking about possibly leaving Boston after just one season. Coincidentally they both want to “find a way” to play with each other. You don’t hear in the NFL that AB want to find a way to play with ARod or OBJ wants to find a way to play with Hopkins. Like if it happens like Suh is playing next to Donald, that’s natursllu because the Dolphins cut Suh. It’s not like Suh was on the Dolphins saying I want to find a way to play with Donald so make it happen

I get Colin Cowherd thinks player mobility would be great for the NFL but it will also be confusing. Like if LeBron does have success with LA, how will you best remember him? In a Cavs, Heat, or Lakers uniform? How do you best remember Wilt? He played with so many teams it’s hard to count. Shaq played with the Magic, Lakers, Heat, Suns, and Cavs. The best thing for him was his Suns and Cavs years was forgettable. I can understand two teams but three, four, five teams. That’s too much. 

So what makes the NBA offseason fun is because players have too much power and trying to make the NBA like NBA2K where you can sign and/or trade for superstars to join forces. At the same time it waters down the season because what 4 teams actually have a legit shot to win a title in the NBA (Warriors, Celtics, 76ers, Rockets). Really the Warriors and Celtics are notches above the 76ers and Rockets that’s assuming everything lines up right for those two teams. In the NFL there are way more teams that have a legit shot to win a title.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, the lone star said:

You think the NBA will overake the NFL in popularity within the next 10-20 years?

it's trending that way i think. maybe im just getting older and losing interest in football, but the nba is so much funner than the nfl even tho GS exists right now.

4 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

it's trending that way i think. maybe im just getting older and losing interest in football, but the nba is so much funner than the nfl even tho GS exists right now.

The NFL gotta bring back defense. Or make it harder on the offenses. Start them at the 15 yardline or 12.5 or 10 or something.

Archived