Jump to content
DreamKid

2018 Rookie Talk

Recommended Posts

To no one's surprise, it's obvious Orlando Brown Jr. should have been starting at Right Tackle the entire season. I don't think it's outrageous to suggest we could've won either the Browns or Bengals game if he had been, maybe even both. It's not even just the benefit of being able to kick Hurst over to Left Guard and improve the play there. Hurst got the job done and did better than people thought at RT with his pass pro, but he still gave Flacco a consistently agitated right side. With Hurst routinely giving too much ground and forcing adjustment/attention from Joe. Not to mention the extra help he required from our Tight Ends(and Yanda), limiting their impact in the passing game. Factoring in the leaps he's already made, Orlando would be a much farther along player now too. He's grown so much every game and if he had just started from the beginning he'd be even better imo. Finally you add in his tone setting ability and identity he helps give the line......F$%K he should've been starting. These coaches make some odd ball choices man, they better pray we see the playoffs....or on come the layoffs.

 

Saw this a while back, it's pretty funny. Oldhead Peppers trying to press young Orlando-

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was nice to see Hayden get involved against the Raiders. We've even started using him in tandem with Mark Andrews. Their route combination on Mark's 74 Yard Catch and Run was a glimpse into a bright bright future. 

How fitting is it that Hayden took #81 and Mark took #89?  They're taking on some big time Ravens legacy.

 

Watch how quickly Hayden transitions from receiver to runner. His focus and hands are elite. The fluidity to H20's game is no joke.

 

#81 over the middle for the tough catch.

 

 

Mark Andrew's huge play, Lamar with the dish.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just as we all expected before the season started, the two best rookies this year are Lamar Jackson and Gus Edwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Just as we all expected before the season started, the two best rookies this year are Lamar Jackson and Gus Edwards.

Well, Lamar Jackson doesn’t necessarily surprise me. I guess I might’ve doubted whether he would see the field, but based off of throwing ability alone, I saw him as a second round pick in the mold of Teddy Bridgewater. But Lamar has a generational skill to add on top of that, one that cannot be teached. That alone made him arguably my top QB in this class. The only QB I felt was potentially better overall was Baker Mayfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Well, Lamar Jackson doesn’t necessarily surprise me. I guess I might’ve doubted whether he would see the field, but based off of throwing ability alone, I saw him as a second round pick in the mold of Teddy Bridgewater. But Lamar has a generational skill to add on top of that, one that cannot be teached. That alone made him arguably my top QB in this class. The only QB I felt was potentially better overall was Baker Mayfield.

I was more or less saying that because we all seemed to mutually agree that he wouldn't even play this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

TIL Gus Edwards spent 3 years at The U before transferring to Rutgers. No wonder he's a perfect fit here.

I enjoyed finding that out too. You can't make this S#$T up. We have Zeus's son. Kenny Young's dad was childhood friends with Ed Reed. Anthony Averett is Bryant Mckinnie's cousin. I love this 2018 class.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I enjoyed finding that out too. You can't make this S#$T up. We have Zeus's son. Kenny Young's dad was childhood friends with Ed Reed. Anthony Averett is Bryant Mckinnie's cousin. I love this 2018 class.

 

It's like Ozzie dispatched a bunch of stupid interns to find out which prospects had connections to the team and then just drafted them all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's like Ozzie dispatched a bunch of stupid interns to find out which prospects had connections to the team and then just drafted them all.

Believe me, I wouldn't discount it. I'm sure "personal investments" to the club are highly sought after. I know they give bonus points to player with NFL Bloodlines. Sometimes it works out(Marlon Humphrey),...and sometimes it doesn't(Matt Elam).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2018 at 2:02 PM, diamondbull424 said:

So just because the ILB position has been on my mind lately due to the Mosley conundrum, I’ve been taking a look at some of these college game tapes and the guy whose standing out most to me from an overall perspective; violence, instincts, athleticism, and playmaking ability is this guy Devin Bush Jr.

We have a few talented and young ILB prospects, but if we move on from Mosley, this guy might be an attractive option to replace Mosley.

Just because Devin Bush was mentioned recently, was combing through old posts. I’m definitely a fan of this guy. Good character as well. If we trade Flacco and get a higher day two pick, he’s a guy that I would love to be our target. Still looking to improve our trench positions first, but Bush would definitely fit in as a potential BPA that would be too good to pass up if he falls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×