2018 Rookie Talk

DreamKid

Good interview from Lamar. It paints the picture of a guy who is clearly grateful for the opportunity to sit and learn. Being a rational supporter of Jackson doesn't have to include nonsensical Flacco bashing, and vice versa. Joe starting for the club is invaluable to Lamar. It allows him to grow and develop free of the pressure that can permanently distort/ruin a young QB's trajectory. Everyone wins, Joe gets the constant pressure to keep himself primed, Lamar gets to grow and progress in a pressure free environment, and the club gets maximum security at the sport's most important position- along with some dynamic splash plays off the bench from our young X Factor. The only losers in the entire situation are those trying to drive a controversy. 

I liked seeing it too but I do understand Baldy's opinion that it's potentially setting himself up for penalties.  I'd say that it's also potentially risky for other players in that he could end up driving an opposition player into the back of a team mate 

3 minutes ago, drd23 said:

I'd say that it's also potentially risky for other players in that he could end up driving an opposition player into the back of a team mate 

lol...you think it would be a low moment for the team if Orlando slammed he and watt's weight into the back of Yanda's knee?  Oof, that would be a downer.

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

lol...you think it would be a low moment for the team if Orlando slammed he and watt's weight into the back of Yanda's knee?  Oof, that would be a downer.

It wouldn't have been that bad because it was another of those weird plays where Alex Lewis ends up blocking where a RG should :P

18 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Kenny Young is already running to the ball carrier before CJ Mosley even reads the ball has been snapped.

Some deride him as a "Gap Gambler", but I couldn't care less. If anything his splash plays prove how much impact we've been missing from the LB position. 

6 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Some deride him as a "Gap Gambler", but I couldn't care less. If anything his splash plays prove how much impact we've been missing from the LB position. 

It's just a noticeable difference in the speed of play. Young plays at Mach 3, and Mosley plays like it's slow motion. I'll take his splash plays any day of the week because tbh I haven't noticed him getting torched in coverage repeatedly this year, even as a rookie. 

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's just a noticeable difference in the speed of play. Young plays at Mach 3, and Mosley plays like it's slow motion. I'll take his splash plays any day of the week because tbh I haven't noticed him getting torched in coverage repeatedly this year, even as a rookie. 

Supporters of Mosley can't have it both ways either, "He's only playing poorly because he's injured". Okay...well if that's your excuse fine. Why then would we want to sign a player long term who is injured every season/every play though? 

Yea no, he's held up great in coverage. I don't knock him for the conner catch in the steeler game either. Just how many seconds is he supposed to hold up? The pass rush needs to get there. There's a play from the Preseason, against the Colts I believe, where Kenny carried a WR 30 Yards down the field.

Reuben Foster is decent comp for him, just switch out some stopping power(Foster) for better coverage skills(Young) and it about equals out. Obviously Kenny is as clean off the field as they come too.

Archived