Slow Burn - Scene 2 is now - v0.1 - Trial Version

Dome

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It's way past my bedtime. I'm outtie. I'll check back in tomorrow.

Bucs lies down on a bench in the morning sun. The warmth puts him right to sleep. 

Just now, The Orca said:

<"$1.00 it is".......heads over and joins Steele

-$1

Bucs Inventory:
Lockpicking set (many uses)
Rope (many uses)
Throwing knives (unlocks ranged attacks, 3 knives, retrievable, +1 fighting)
$1.25

Steele Inventory:
Black Powder Rifle (Slow Reload, One Shot, Marksmanship Checks unlocked)
Bayonet (+1 Fighting Skill)
Gunpowder (Many uses)
Poison (Several uses)

Takara Inventory:
$3.50
Derringer Pistol (Marksman skill unlocked, Quick reload, 5 shots)
Monocle (+3 to anyone one Charisma check)
Whiskey 
Book of matches

Ahtahkahkoop Inventory:
Lever Action Rifle (Unlocks Marksmanship Checks, Quick reload, 3 shots)
Bear Trap (Multiple Uses)
Tomahawk (Roll Athletics Check for ranged attack, +1 added for Fighting Check)
Apple
50 cents

Steele and Takara walk down an alley towards the stables. As they exit the alley they see the Show Ring and stadium seating for the Rodeo and Horse Jumping competitions, but no horses around. The stable barn is another 100 yards past the perfomance area, you see a man inside the barn pitchforking hay. He hasn't noticed you. 

1 minute ago, The Orca said:

<Starts snooping around the stables to see if there is anything of interest 

Takara begins snooping around the stables (stealth check, rolled 17) and the stable worker keeps pitching hay, apparently oblivious to his newfound company. 

You didn't find anything interesting in the stables, but you still don't see any horses. 

9 minutes ago, Dome said:

Takara begins snooping around the stables (stealth check, rolled 17) and the stable worker keeps pitching hay, apparently oblivious to his newfound company. 

You didn't find anything interesting in the stables, but you still don't see any horses. 

<Gets bored finding nothing, strolls over and introduces myself to the person pitching hay...asks about why there are no horses here

Just now, The Orca said:

<Gets bored finding nothing, strolls over and introduces myself to the person pitching hay...asks about why there are no horses here

Before you get your first sentence out:

*HOLY SMOKES! You really scared me man! Don't sneak up on an old feller like that!* He gathered himself. *You must be here for the Human Horse Races?*

8 minutes ago, Dome said:

Before you get your first sentence out:

*HOLY SMOKES! You really scared me man! Don't sneak up on an old feller like that!* He gathered himself. *You must be here for the Human Horse Races?*

<"I'm new to town. Explain to me what Human Horse Races are?"

2 minutes ago, The Orca said:

<"I'm new to town. Explain to me what Human Horse Races are?"

*Do you know what humans are? Do you know what horses are? Do you know what a horse race is? Do you see that we’re fresh out of horses? Are my questions starting to answer yours?* he finally took a breath. *Sorry. I don’t get a lot of visitors.*

7 minutes ago, Dome said:

*Do you know what humans are? Do you know what horses are? Do you know what a horse race is? Do you see that we’re fresh out of horses? Are my questions starting to answer yours?* he finally took a breath. *Sorry. I don’t get a lot of visitors.*

<"Where are these races held and who runs them"

1 minute ago, The Orca said:

<"Where are these races held and who runs them"

*Well, in theory here, and me. But I’ve yet to find anyone interested in competing, everyone just wants to watch and gamble*

Archived