Charisma: 4
Athletics: 3
Fighting: 6 advantage
Survival: 5
Marksmanship: 3
Stealth: 2 disadvantage
Wisdom: 5

Inventory:
Black Powder Rifle (Slow Reload, One Shot, Marksmanship Checks unlocked)
Bayonet (+1 Fighting Skill)
Gunpowder (Many uses)
$4.25

@The Orca

Takara Morgan - Banker
STR: 3
DEX: 1
INT: 3
CHR: 1

Skills
Strength: 6
Dexterity: 2
Intelligence: 6 Advantage
Charisma: 2
Athletics: 4 Disadvantage
Fighting: 6
Survival: 4
Marksmanship: 4
Stealth: 2
Wisdom: 4

Inventory:
$4.50
Derringer Pistol (Marksman skill unlocked, Quick reload, 2 shots)
Monocle (+3 to anyone one Charisma check)

@Pickle Rick

Ahtahkahkoop - Apache Tracker
STR: 2
DEX: 2
INT: 2
CHR: 2

Skills
Strength: 4 disadvantage
Dexterity: 4
Intelligence: 4
Athletics: 4
Fighting: 4
Marksmanship: 4 advantage
Stealth: 4

Inventory:
Lever Action Rifle (Unlocks Marksmanship Checks, Quick reload, 3 shots)
Bear Trap (Multiple Uses)
Tomahawk (Roll Athletics Check for ranged attack, +1 added for Fighting Check)
50 cents

Skills and Skill Bonus Calculation

Skill Types of Actions you would use this skill for Skill Roll Bonus
Strength Brute strength for pushing, lifting, etc x2 STR
Dexterity Agility, Reflexes, Balance, Flexibility X2 DEX
Intelligence Background Info, Lore, Trivia, Language x2 INT
Charisma Persuasion, Befriend, Bribe x2 CHR
Athletics Throwing, Tackling, Jumping, Climbing STR + DEX
Fighting Hand to Hand and Melee combat STR + INT
Survival Survive otherwise catostrophic mishaps STR + CHR
Marksmanship Ranged Combat DEX + INT
Stealth Pickpocket, sneaking, disguises DEX + CHR
Wisdom Clairvoyance, Clues and Leadership INT + CHR

This game is currently closed for testing with just four players. If it goes well I'll tweak the rules and make a bigger story for more players.

Mechanics:

The game will play around two main mechanics, the players driving the storyline and skill check rolls with a 20-sided die.

Players will always be pushing the story forward, but they have even more influence immediately following a narrative portion that sets the scene for the players. Sometimes you’ll be given specific options on how you pay proceed and sometimes you’ll not be given any options at all and just do whatever you think is best. Many clues about what the player could potentially do in the scenario are given in the writeup, but you’re free to try other things as well.

You’ll have to make a skill check whenever you want your character to perform an action that takes a certain amount of skill or talent to perform. You don’t need to roll for actions that most anyone could perform.

How to Play:

To progress the story you simply state in thread what your character is doing and how they are reacting to things that unfold in the story. Some things you do will give you more information about the situation, sometimes you’ll get a reaction from an NPC, sometimes you’ll do something that immediately causes you to need a skill check.

Examples:

“I punch the heckler in the face” > Initiates a Fighting Skill Check

“Go sit at the bar” > Maybe an NPC approaches you about a quest, maybe the bartender offers you a drink, maybe a drunk dude picks a fight with you. I've tried to account for lots of player decisions, and can adjust on the fly.

“Ask/Look around for more details” > you’ll get some more vague details based on what you see or hear or what someone is willing to tell you.

Saying “Push for more information” about a person you’re talking to would initiate a Charisma Check while saying “Do I know anything else?” about a certain subject would initiate an intelligence check to get more clues or lore information.

To keep the game running smoothly, players will be making their own rolls for Skill Checks in the Tabletop Chatroom. To make a Skill Check first confirm with the mod that you need to roll for this action, then confirm that you are rolling for the correct skill. You may ask the mod for more information on the difficulty of the roll if you wish. After both are confirmed roll a 20 sided die in the Tabletop Chatroom and add your skill modifier to it, this is your score for that roll.

Rules

I have tried to account for as many outcomes as possible. As I have no idea what strategies players might use to attack any given scenario, I can’t account for everything ahead of time. If I encounter something that I didn’t expect from a player, I’ll have to make a ruling on the fly. I’ll try to make it fair and will listen to the entire group when making a decision.

I reserve the right to change rules if needed. I won’t change rules that affect something that is currently happening, but I will change them mid game about moves going forward.

I reserve the right to change the story as needed. Your actions will direct the story, so this is kind of a given.

This is a trial to see how this mechanic and setup works and if there is any potential for it on the forums. This game is going to be a slow burn, I’ll check in anywhere from half a dozen times a day when I work, to being around almost all day on my days off. There won’t be deadlines or time limits for the most part.

I need @The Orca @Pickle Rick and @FinneasGage to send in their character information. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:

Attributes:

Class/Occupation:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attributes  
STR Strength is a measure of your raw power.
DEX Dexterity means you're more agile. Your reflexes are better as well as your balance and fine motor skills.
INT Intelligence helps you in a variety of ways. It can give you background information or clues that wouldn't otherwise be available as well as improving some of your other skills like Fighting and Marksmanship
CHR Charisma improves the way you interact with other people. It can be used to influence both NPCs and PCs.
   Each stat starts at zero. You may add 1-3 points in each but no more than 8 points total.

Class (Occupation)

Class Rules - Advantage means you roll two dice and get the best outcome, Disadvantage means you roll two dice and get the worse outcome.
Warrior (Ex-Soldier) Advantage on Fighting Checks, Disadvantage on Stealth Checks
Archer (Apache Tracker) Advantage on Marksmanship Checks, Disadvantage on Strength Checks
Rogue (Drifter) Advantage on Stealth Checks, Disadvantage on Charisma Checks
Healer (Doctor) Advantage on Wisdom Checks Disadvantage on Fighting Checks
Mage (Banker) Advantage on Intelliegence Checks, Disadvantage on Athletics Checks

I edited the Class Rules. So please check them again! 

Your Skills will be calculated based on your Attributes, so you don’t need to worry about those. 
@FinneasGage @Malfatron @Pickle Rick @The Orca

2 hours ago, Dome said:

Dr. Sam "The Shovel" Steele - Ex-Soldier
DEX: 0

Skills
Dexterity: 0
Intelligence: 6
Fighting: 6 advantage
Survival: 5
Marksmanship: 3
Stealth: 2 disadvantage

Inventory:
Black Powder Rifle (Slow Reload, One Shot, Marksmanship Checks unlocked)
Bayonet (+1 Fighting Skill)
Gunpowder (Many uses)

@Malfatron is ready to go. 

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Charisma is abbreviated "CHA."

Also, no Constitution for HP?

Not this time. I saw “CHA CHA CHA” over and annoyed me so I changed it.

Nope. This will be more narration based and less number crunching like a traditional RPG. There will be other number crunching along the way that isn’t combat based, but no need for HP. Well see how it goes after this first run though.

backstory:

Dr. Sam "The Shovel" Steele was in the big war. How did he get his nickname? Well, he always found himself in the thick of the battle, and most times, he was the only one that came back alive on either side. He always dug graves, long wide and deep, for all of his fallen comrades and the enemies he had slain. They each got their own grave, too.

Sam was born with a mild case of giantism, which made him both an outcast and a fearsome man. So he studied medicine and became a doctor. He typically knows which berries are poisonous, which leaves to rub on your skin to stop the itching, and knows his way around a leech.

2 hours ago, Dome said:

@Pickle Rick

Ahtahkahkoop - Apache Tracker
STR: 2

Skills
Strength: 4 disadvantage
Athletics: 4
Fighting: 4
Marksmanship: 4 advantage
Stealth: 4

Inventory:
Lever Action Rifle (Unlocks Marksmanship Checks, Quick reload, 3 shots)
Bear Trap (Multiple Uses)
Tomahawk (Roll Athletics Check for ranged attack, +1 added for Fighting Check)

@Pickle Rick is ready.

Ahtahkahkoop is a very frightening figure as he wears a sash full off the scalps he has taken over the years while seeking revenge for the slaughter of his village.  He has 13 scalps of the men responsible but is still searching for the other 7.  He is on the trail of another man that was rumored to have been involved in the massacre in some manner.  All he has to go off of is the man was very large and towered over his peers. 

3 hours ago, Dome said:

Takara Morgan - Banker
DEX: 1
CHR: 1

Skills
Dexterity: 2
Intelligence: 6 Advantage
Charisma: 2
Athletics: 4 Disadvantage
Fighting: 6
Stealth: 2

Inventory:
2x $1 coins
Derringer Pistol (Marksman skill unlocked, Quick reload, 2 shots)
Monocle (+3 to anyone one Charisma check)

@The Orca is ready.

Just waiting on @FinneasGage

7 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

ill do this while you respond to my trade offer 

I done went and responded a few times already. Not responding again until you're in this game dawg

@FinneasGage is in!

4 hours ago, Dome said:

Finneas Gage - Drifter
STR: 1
CHR: 3

Skills
Strength: 2
Charisma: 6 disadvantage
Fighting: 3
Stealth: 5 advantage

Inventory:
Burglar's Kit
Dagger (+1 Fighting)
Crossbow (Marksman Skill unlocked, Slow Reload, 2 shots)

Archived