Bold Predictions 2018

DoleINGout

45 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Starting from training camp, what are some of your thoughts on the season that you feel strongly about?

I think Jason McCourty is cut. That’s my first bold one.

Seems a lot more than bold.  Given Bill's affinity for the position, the departure of Butler, and the inexperience of the depth behind Gilmore/Rowe/McCourty, it seems farfetched that he lets JMac go.

45 minutes ago, keysersoze3421 said:

Seems a lot more than bold.  Given Bill's affinity for the position, the departure of Butler, and the inexperience of the depth behind Gilmore/Rowe/McCourty, it seems farfetched that he lets JMac go.

Nice of you to come out of hiding for me! I'm a huge fan of the young talent at the position and I think there is a chance it ultimately pushes McCourty off the roster.

On 8/1/2018 at 8:18 PM, Deadpulse said:

Jacob Hollister becomes a legitimate weapon in Julian's absence. 

I agree with this and to take it one step further, the emergence of Hollister and Berrios make Gronkowski's red zone prowess expendable in the trade market leading to a potential swap by the deadline.

3 hours ago, TomRalph said:

I've hated every 2nd Round CB we've ever taken (Butler, Dowling, Dawson (maybe a tad unfair) except Cyrus Jones, so I'm clinging to this faint hope. 

I mistakenly fell into the hype of Ras-I Downling, Darius Butler, and to some extent Cyrus Jones, Ellis Hobbs and Terence Wheatley. Duke Dawson however I liked before the draft and I'm not upset with the pick. The only thing is there was so much depth at corner this draft that I don't love the value especially relative to the first round picks the Pats made. Regardless, will be looking out for Dawson to prove his worth early. Bare minimum I see Dawson as a good slot defender and average corner although I expect him to be borderline elite in the slot and above average at corner.

https://nesn.com/2018/08/biggest-winners-and-losers-from-week-1-of-patriots-training-camp/

Guys playing well so far have been mentioned here already: Jacob Hollister, Philip Dorsett.

Others doing well: Trent Brown, Danny Shelton, Stephone Gilmore, and Kyle Van Noy.

Wouldn't be surprised if Trent Brown is Pro Bowler at the end of the season. I guess you can out me down for that as a prediction, although it doesn't seem very bold after all the glowing reports preceeding this post.

Archived