Jalen Ramsey and Dante Fowler suspended for a week for "violating team rules"

.Buzz

8 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Campbell is a Big end and DT.  Fowler is a DE and probably would be a very good 3-4 OLB.  2 Totally different positions. when Fowler comes in Campbell moves inside with Jackson with Ngakoue and Fowler outside. 

Clearly that Makes him our 2nd Best Pure Outside Pass rusher while also getting us Better Pass rush in the interior with Campbell. 

Sure fowler could moonlight as a DT in a Nascar package like Ryan Davis but that a handful of plays a game. 

you said he wasnt the 2nd best Anything on our DL when its Pretty Clear hes our 2nd Best Pure outside Edge rusher.  McCray is a ST/Scrub. Phillips is a STer and unproven on Defense. Smoot wasnt a good pass rusher last year.  jacksons been good in camp but i cant say hes better then fowler.  

Campbell is still a DE in the base defense. Thats all I'm saying. IDGAF about the other guys, the point was the 2 best pass rushers from the outside...are Campbell and Yannick. You can call Calais a DT but he starts at DE with Malik/Dareus in the middle. That's all I'm saying

Unless it goes really sideways,  this team isn't trading Fowler. He's more valuable to this team as a backup than a day 3 pick which is what they'll get for him if they traded now. 

They are better off waiting to see if he can get another 8 sacks,  get a big contract, and get us a comp pick.

Also....*knock on wood*

But what do you do if Yann gets hurt?

That's Fowler's value. 

It really feels like Jalen's suspension in this is kind of a culmination of a few things coming to a head with the way he went straight at the reporter(s).  It's great that he's active on social media (and conventional media really), but he's gotta be careful with it.  Coughlin isn't the type of guy who is going to be a big fan of his star player and basically face of the franchise taking runs at media members and whoever else just doing their jobs.

Seems like a bit of a warning shot across the bow.  I mean, it's a preseason game.  Booo hooo.  But it hopefully gets the message across that he needs to be a bit more careful with the way he represents himself and the organization in the public eye.

15 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Campbell is still a DE in the base defense. Thats all I'm saying. IDGAF about the other guys, the point was the 2 best pass rushers from the outside...are Campbell and Yannick. You can call Calais a DT but he starts at DE with Malik/Dareus in the middle. That's all I'm saying

well for Starters u want to put your best 4 guys on the DL starting.  you also have to consider the fact our Scheme has essentially 3 DTs starting.  quit talking out your butt. admit u were wrong that he is the 2nd best true 4-3DE/3-4OLB on the roster. 

Petty sure you two are arguing semantics...

but it's pretty evident that when LF said "true edge rusher", he meant as it pertains to our team and our scheme...he's talking about RE aka Edge aka LEO.

Call it however you want, they all mean the same...

And with the exception of handful of situational stuff...thats Dante, MCray, or Philips..not Calais, Bryan, or even Smoot.

edit: confused Dimick vs Philips

Archived