Scandrick to be released

LoganF89

12 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

He's also still injured IIRC

I heard somewhere that there's a hold up in how much money he wants. He obviously is getting interest from teams. I mean, he's visited the cards. the colts, the pats, the dolphins, and the ravens. He shockingly *sarcasm* thinks he's worth more than he is. He's a solid #2 CB when he's at his best. His attitude and personality is ultimately the reason why the redskins aren't interested in bringing him back. 

4 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I thought he was a Number 1 knucklehead ! Buying marijuana in Richmond on the street his rookie year.  I just don't remember this board ever thinking he was a Number 1 corner and would command that money. 

I'm not saying it's not true . I just don't remember it that way . 

It’s hard to explain what I mean. I don’t think anyone thought he was definitely a #1 corner today, but a lot of Redskins fans and even beat reporters thought he had the talent to be a number 1 if, he ever got serious about it and his attitude got better. 

So, if a player has the talent to be a #1 at their position then the thought is that some team will give him that kind of money and the Redskins won’t be able to retain him. That didn’t happen and I think just about everyone was shocked in the beginning of free agency when he wasn’t signed to a 5-year $40 million deal or something.

Then, obviously he hurt his foot which voided the good but not greet deal he got from the Panthers and he still hasn’t signed a new deal yet.

The Chiefs signed him. Their top healthy CBs right now appear to be Kendall Fuller, David Amerson, and Orlando Scandrick. They also visited with Bashaud Breeland a week or two ago. 

In related news, it might be time to bump the likes of Derek Carr and Keenan Allen up a round or two on your fantasy football draft board...

Archived