Roster Prediction

VigilantZombie

1 minute ago, jebrick said:

To me, Samuels, Frazier and Allen have shown nothing.  The practice squad is fine if they think they have a future.

wasted picks again. How has NT settle been this preseason? He was a pick many here wanted and was there when we picked Allen.  

5 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I watched the Washington/Jets game and he was pretty damm good.  But I would have never predicted that McCullers get a fire lite under his @$$  and is performing like we always wished.

agree about DMC, he appears to collapse the pocket every play he is out there but will be wasted on this roster IMO. If he gets to play , I expect him to make the front a challenge in passing downs and we could stay with 4 DL  and forget blitzing. They will however try to get value from dupree and that will be priority over letting DMC dominate.

Right now, I would rather see:

LDE Heyward

DT DMC

DT Tuitt

RDE who ever is healthy and more productive, do a rotation to find out.  Watt is already injured, so by default and politics we know who would get the start

The above won't happen, but it is a way top get the best players out there. 

I’ll have to chance my 53 — Patterson isn’t making this squad. Had disappeared since week 1 and I really hated his effort as a guy trying to make the roster covering the punt when he missed then didn’t make an effort to get up off the floor when the returner doubled back towards him. 

Small details man, but you gotta dig down and finish. He hadn’t given the effort to make it. Practice squad is likely, but I think he really needs to shine next week. That was pretty weak. 

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Funny you bash my post but was has frazier or allen shown that suggests theyve got an ounce of potential? Samuels you can make an argument for perhaps but a good showing against 3rd stringers doesnt impress me.

Take a chill man, it was a joke because you made a post and 2 of the three guys you trashed had good showings. We will leave the evaluation at that. 

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Like game of potential doesnt erase 2 games of atrocity.

When you go to the pool, do you ever get in and slowly work your way to the deep end or do you just immediately dive right into the 12+?

13 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

When you go to the pool, do you ever get in and slowly work your way to the deep end or do you just immediately dive right into the 12+?

I get the point you're TRYING to make but here's the issue.  This 4 game stretch is their opportunity to earn a spot on the roster.  They're not doing very well in that department.  This four game stretch is about how good you are and how much you want it.  Allen isn't worth keeping and I've seen nothing that suggests Samuels should be on the RB depth chart.  His best chance to make the roster is as a 3rd TE, his performance might get him on the RB depth chart, I just don't think it should be enough.

44 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I get the point you're TRYING to make but here's the issue.  This 4 game stretch is their opportunity to earn a spot on the roster.  They're not doing very well in that department.  This four game stretch is about how good you are and how much you want it.  Allen isn't worth keeping and I've seen nothing that suggests Samuels should be on the RB depth chart.  His best chance to make the roster is as a 3rd TE, his performance might get him on the RB depth chart, I just don't think it should be enough.

You made your comments before game three. They have been in a professional environment for about 5 total weeks. They were all late round draft picks. Samuels is completely learning how to be a full time running back. 

I’m not trying to make a point — I’m making one. Your expectations are absurd. I’m not even saying any of them make the roster. I don’t like Allen and Frazier is buried too deep. But what did you expect from dudes making their FIRST appearances as professionals? Was Samuels suppose to look like Barry Sanders? Was Allen meant to immediately step on the field and look like Cam Chancelor? Was Frazier supposed to be prime Casey Hampton? Allen has been hurt and Frazier has seen limited snaps because of other guys. How were they meant to impress you? Look at Samuels game since his first ever professional appearance at a position he is largely foreign to — he has steadily improved, made huge strides pass blocking, and made solid plays along the way. Again, what in the world are your expectations? 

Just dial it back. There is a lot of grey area between good and atrocious...and these dudes live there....like the majority of people in the realistic world. 

And Samuels best chance at the roster is not a position he has not played and will not play in the future...that’s just absurd. 

Samuels is competing with Ridley and Fitz for one spot.  Has he shown more than either of them in 3 games?  Unless the Steelers keep 4 HB, I see a PS for Samuels.

The Titans game was the first time I heard Marcus Allen's name mentioned for playing.  He is not making ST splash and not making secondary splash.  At best he is a practice squad player if the coaches think he has some upside.  I think his best NFL position will be on ST like DHB.  He does not have the athletics to play SS in the NFL.

I would say that Chickillo has shown absolutely nothing  in preseason.  He will be kept only because of position depth.  Adeniyi and Adams have shown so much more.

Archived