How early is too early for McCaffrey?

detroitlions72003

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I think that is a touch high for me. To me he is decisively behind Fournette, Gordon, and Hunt. I have him pretty much tied with Cook. So if all those 3 guys get taken I probably have Julio, OBJ and maybe even Hopkins staring at me at 11. I'd take one of them and then first and get Caff or Cook on the back end of that turn.

Too high in a PPR league? I heave him ahead of Fournette pretty easily in a PPR League

10 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Too high in a PPR league? I heave him ahead of Fournette pretty easily in a PPR League

I as well, Dalvin Cook showed flashes... for 4 games. Im not risking that on the #11 pick. I think its Mccaffreys floor that I really like as hes not a got that will ever give you a donut because he is so heavily involved in the pass game and he has burst.

As a Saints fan...McCaffrey scares me more than any other offensive player in the division. That doesn’t always translate to fantasy points, but I think he’s a guy you want on your roster. I take him over Gordon. I mean...would I rather root for MxCaffrey or Gordon? Even as a Panther...no question. 

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

As a Saints fan...McCaffrey scares me more than any other offensive player in the division. That doesn’t always translate to fantasy points, but I think he’s a guy you want on your roster. I take him over Gordon. I mean...would I rather root for MxCaffrey or Gordon? Even as a Panther...no question. 

plus the added bonus of *hopefully* getting to watch two games a year where they face off vs one another

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

You're picking based on who you would rather root for? Why not pick based on who you think will score more fantasy points. We talked consistency already with Melvin Gordon being at least an RB2 in like 85% of his games over the last 3 years. McCaffrey was an RB2 in just 62% of his games last year. Gordon gives you the floor plus more. It's why his ECR and ADP is higher than McCaffrey. It's not even close IMO. 

14 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

You're picking based on who you would rather root for? Why not pick based on who you think will score more fantasy points. We talked consistency already with Melvin Gordon being at least an RB2 in like 85% of his games over the last 3 years. McCaffrey was an RB2 in just 62% of his games last year. Gordon gives you the floor plus more. It's why his ECR and ADP is higher than McCaffrey. It's not even close IMO. 

As a tie breaker...I go with the guy I want to root for on Sundays. I have Gordon projected at 250 points and McCaffrey at 245 points. I’m not going to care about those 5 extra points Gordon gives me. I’m going McCaffrey. I’ve done this a very long time...and I’ve grown to realize that you don’t sweat small differences in projections. Your projections could be wrong and life’s too short. 

Archived