Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

15 hours ago, broncofan48 said:

Looks like we signed another Saint (lol), AT Perry.  I know nothing about him, he’s big (surprise) but looks like he has decent explosiveness 

Looks like he was a 6th rounder and has only played 10 games, started 3. Seems like he uses that explosiveness though with 12 catches and 20 yard avg. 4TDs too to maybe another big body in the redzone. Very strange he got cut by them a week ago as I don't really view the Saints as being "stacked" at WR.

3 hours ago, Dbrog24 said:

Looks like he was a 6th rounder and has only played 10 games, started 3. Seems like he uses that explosiveness though with 12 catches and 20 yard avg. 4TDs too to maybe another big body in the redzone. Very strange he got cut by them a week ago as I don't really view the Saints as being "stacked" at WR.

He’s not a ST player; so if he’s not the 3rd WR it really limits your ability to hang on to a roster spot.   

He’s cheap and has some ceiling.    But despite his size / vertical straight line speed he’s not a big body 50-50 ball winner yet.   And he doesn’t play as big as his measurables (which are impressive).     He hasn’t translated the 50-50 / high point success he had in college to the NFL.     Not surprising but his footwork isn’t great so he lacks separation skills (fast straight line speed but not quick / elusive).    Then you have to win in those 2 areas (50-50 box out and / or high point) to compensate.     It’s also the hardest area to win consistently.   That’s why he’s hit a wall in his NFL career so far. 

Still it’s a cheap lottery ticket so why not.   

Edited by Broncofan

18 minutes ago, Dbrog24 said:

Super random. Saw a report of us potentially sending Wilson QB and a 3rd to the browns for Njoku to get us a usable TE. Idk though cause I think he's on the final yr of his contract so extension would be part of it

Ehhh sounds like fan wishcasting.    More likely this wouldn't happen until they get closer to WK8's trade deadline.

CLE's GM is fighting for his job, trading away assets right now isn't likely high on his list at this stage (in 2+ weeks, sure).    Wilson has no value, so it's a 3rd for Njoku.    Who IRL is a very good asset, in that he can play inline and can help in the pass game.  But that's also why it's less likely he gets dealt.   It sounds like Amari Cooper would be the first to go.   Again, that's far more likely though as the WK8 deadline nears.

I wouldn't say no to getting Njoku, but a 3rd round pick for a 1-year TE is tough.  And there's no chance teams are going to get to talk extension right now in-season.   So it seems more like "let's look at a bad team's roster and see who helps us" engagement-farming post than a live scenario right now.   

Edited by Broncofan

I remember growing up with Chris Berman on ESPN. NFL Prime Time, with Tom Jackson, in the 1990s was gold.

So, I have to ask. 

Was Berman always this abrasive? Or has his schtick just worn thin? Or was just a kid? 

Because that MNF halftime “fastest 3 minutes” was the longest 3 minutes of my life. And I say that having seen a birth. 

• Like 1