Preseason Week 4: Los Angeles Chargers at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, Geek said:

Hennegan's like "look at me, I'm the backup now". lmao

I will say, I liked his poise. He was never overly flustered, even on the bad snap. He just picked it up and took off. His arm is a little underwhelming and all over the place, but that was a really fun drive.

1 minute ago, Geek said:

yesh. Returned it from the goal line all the way back to our side of midfield. Can't be doing that if we want to win games.

special teams are important. 

That being said, kudos to Newsome on the return. He broke some tackles and ran through some guys and he earned every yard of that. 

DJ Jones balled out in the run game today. He was everywhere. He's going to be coming for Earl's job sooner rather than later. He's my surprise pick for our breakout player of the year even if it's a little less of a surprise after his performances this preseason. 

Solomon Thomas looked great in the few drives he got. I feel confident saying he's going to be taking the next step this year. His run defense is going to be elite and hopefully, he can be more than just a good compliment to Buck in the pass rush game. One thing for certain, he looks like a much better rusher from the inside than last year.

Foster looked great like usual. Had some really nice tackles with great form. 

Richie James looks like the man. The receiver position is pretty crowded so I'm not so sure how much he'll contribute immediately but down the line, he has a real shot to be a staple in this offense. He'll have a minimal contribution this year but I'll be keeping an eye out for him when he does get on the field. 

Jack Heneghan looked great on that last drive. He won't make the team but I hope he's proud of the way he played tonight, it was good stuff.

Mullens had a nice drive of his own, although it took a few drives for him to get warmed up. He's a better passer than Bethard, that's for sure, but that isn't saying much since they both still suck.

Pita had some good pressures today. He was so close to a sack several times including just missing a safety. He might not make an impact this year but a couple years down the road he could turn into a decent cheap situational pass rusher for us. 

Darrell Williams is atrocious. Watching him block was making me hate football. It was so bad I was trying to find Jordan Devey's phone number to beg for him to back up our tackle spots. I really hope he doesn't play a snap for us this season, if he does Jimmy needs to be taken off the field. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I hope we get to see James some in the regular season (I mean actually playing - he should be a lock to make the roster). I want to see him against top tier competition. 

He's been making plays against one's and two's. He's definitely sticking around this season. I can't wait until I see more. 

Archived