2019 Prospects thread.

Jimmy Austin

The difference between LAR, KC, and NO's offenses compared to TB's is that they have QBs who do not turn the ball. I don't care how good or bad your defense is. Doesn't help when your QB turns the ball over 3/4 times a game. I am not sure if the GM will survive but the coaching staff is gone. If this team drafts a QB or goes after one in FA really depends on who is hired. If this team can get a QB who is at least average. That offense is going to be a force. 

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Austin said:

The difference between LAR, KC, and NO's offenses compared to TB's is that they have QBs who do not turn the ball. I don't care how good or bad your defense is. Doesn't help when your QB turns the ball over 3/4 times a game. I am not sure if the GM will survive but the coaching staff is gone. If this team drafts a QB or goes after one in FA really depends on who is hired. If this team can get a QB who is at least average. That offense is going to be a force. 

Their defenses have also forced 20 (LAR), 17 (NO), and 17 (KC) turnovers. They're not turning over the ball like we are, but they're also forcing turnovers A LOT more often than we are.

But, yeah. You're not gonna win games when you're on pace for the worst turnover differential in NFL history.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Their defenses have also forced 20 (LAR), 17 (NO), and 17 (KC) turnovers. They're not turning over the ball like we are, but they're also forcing turnovers A LOT more often than we are.

But, yeah. You're not gonna win games when you're on pace for the worst turnover differential in NFL history.

Today s NFL defense is based upon turnovers and red zone efficiency.  The QB position should be better, but the defense is dreadful in these 2 areas.  

I saw a little bit of Little from Ole Miss last night has the athleticism to play LT.  First round in tge draft is defense or LT.

53 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Today s NFL defense is based upon turnovers and red zone efficiency.  The QB position should be better, but the defense is dreadful in these 2 areas.  

I saw a little bit of Little from Ole Miss last night has the athleticism to play LT.  First round in tge draft is defense or LT.

This was what I said during the off-season when you clowns gloated about jameis Winston’s 4,000 yd seasons. 

Defenses can’t play the way they did in years past. So they bend and don’t break. You can get 300-400 yard games. As long as we force TOS and allow more FGs than TDS. 

Mikes Smiths philosophy isn’t as nuts as people think it is no? 

Michael Lombardi stayed it best in his podcast. Licht collected talent but didn’t build a team. Doesn’t have players that love football or don’t have high football iqs. 

He stated jameis has the passion and would give him another year. Not sure if I agrrr because he’s the same guy in college as he is now or worse. 

9 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

This was what I said during the off-season when you clowns gloated about jameis Winston’s 4,000 yd seasons. 

Defenses can’t play the way they did in years past. So they bend and don’t break. You can get 300-400 yard games. As long as we force TOS and allow more FGs than TDS. 

Mikes Smiths philosophy isn’t as nuts as people think it is no? 

Michael Lombardi stayed it best in his podcast. Licht collected talent but didn’t build a team. Doesn’t have players that love football or don’t have high football iqs. 

He stated jameis has the passion and would give him another year. Not sure if I agrrr because he’s the same guy in college as he is now or worse. 

You clowns?  You know little about respect and are a troll.  Good day 

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

C'mon, man. I've asked you repeatedly to stop posting like this.

Now I have to tell you to stop. And play mod, which is something I've enjoyed not really having to do.

This is an official warning. Any more and I'm gonna have to talk to the boss man.

23 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

This could be an ok QB draft class or a bad one. Depends on the underclassmen. 😂

Interesting Ben thinks Grier is a Day 3 pick.  For me Lock/Haskins/Jones are similiar prospects.  All three from a physical ability can play in the league, but can a team smooth out the rough edges.  

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Interesting Ben thinks Grier is a Day 3 pick.  For me Lock/Haskins/Jones are similiar prospects.  All three from a physical ability can play in the league, but can a team smooth out the rough edges.  

As much as I think Winston is a bust I’m not touching any of them in round 1 and only Haskins would be a guy I’d take day 2 but he’ll go in the first. 

3 hours ago, ravishingone said:

If we have a new coaching staff and Grier is available in the 3rd, I’d take him. Maybe he pushes Jameis and starts eventually and benefits from sitting, maybe he stays a backup, maybe it’s a Kirk Cousins situation, but with what we have at QB currently, a 3rd on Grier would be worth the risk in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

If we have a new coaching staff and Grier is available in the 3rd, I’d take him. Maybe he pushes Jameis and starts eventually and benefits from sitting, maybe he stays a backup, maybe it’s a Kirk Cousins situation, but with what we have at QB currently, a 3rd on Grier would be worth the risk in my opinion.

I'd definitely take a shot on a QB like Grier if we can do it in the third. But I doubt a QB like Grier falls to the third.

Archived