Week 2 QB Power Rankings

DoleINGout

9 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

I posted the gif version in NFL Gen.  And you're wrong.  Trubisky just sucks at going through his progressions:

Dear lord, that is pretty bad.  I get it that he is still technically a rookie but it almost looked like his line opened up the middle like Moses and the Red Sea.  I don't know how he missed something this obvious.  

Not that a QB's ranking should change much after just one game, but Tyrod was downright horrible last week. His ability to make plays with his legs was about the only good thing he brought to the team. Sure, the weather didn't help, but he wouldn't take any risks. And when he finally did, it was a very stupid risk to take at the end of the game on his throw to Gordon that was totally underthrown and led to an INT.

Let's just say this week against the Saints will be big for him. If he has a repeat performance, then it won't be long until Baker takes over. He'll be playing in a dome, so he won't have the excuse of playing in poor conditions.

5 hours ago, DawgX said:

Not that a QB's ranking should change much after just one game, but Tyrod was downright horrible last week. His ability to make plays with his legs was about the only good thing he brought to the team. Sure, the weather didn't help, but he wouldn't take any risks. And when he finally did, it was a very stupid risk to take at the end of the game on his throw to Gordon that was totally underthrown and led to an INT.

Let's just say this week against the Saints will be big for him. If he has a repeat performance, then it won't be long until Baker takes over. He'll be playing in a dome, so he won't have the excuse of playing in poor conditions.

And he'll be playing the Saints so he won't have any excuse period.

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

And he'll be playing the Saints so he won't have any excuse period.

That works against him. The Saints are going to be putting up big numbers on offense so the Browns need to be able to keep pace and go for AT LEAST 28-32 if they want to win this game.

Which means Tyrod is going to have to be able to throw the ball if they want to win. You cant just be ultra conservative all game long because your scared to make a mistake and expect to win against high powered offenses. He needs to be able to make some throws and since the Saints around going to go for 30+, he cant just keep handing the ball off to Hyde, Duke and Chubb the entire game and throw checkdowns to Njoku and Landry. Gotta make some plays with his arm consistently.

The Saints offense is going to force Tyrod to throw the ball a lot. Lets hope it was just a weather/jitters thing last week because if 15/40 happens again, the Baker chants will only get louder and louder.

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

That works against him. The Saints are going to be putting up big numbers on offense so the Browns need to be able to keep pace and go for AT LEAST 28-32 if they want to win this game.

Which means Tyrod is going to have to be able to throw the ball if they want to win. You cant just be ultra conservative all game long because your scared to make a mistake and expect to win against high powered offenses. He needs to be able to make some throws and since the Saints around going to go for 30+, he cant just keep handing the ball off to Hyde, Duke and Chubb the entire game and throw checkdowns to Njoku and Landry. Gotta make some plays with his arm consistently

I know, I'm just joking about how bad Saints defense is.

Archived