Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

7 hours ago, indifference said:

I give up on Stewart lol. Cappa seems like a depth guy. RoJo is talented he just needs to a line to create gaps. His running style suits a ZBS.

What do you think about Davis, Whitehead, and Watson.  Also, Licht traded his 3rd for JPP.  Just curious.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think it will eventually be leaked  that play calling was altered more then we knew after the Washington game.  Not suggesting Monken wasn t the play caller, but more Koetter suggestions were made throughout a game.  Koetter started the year without a playsheet in hand, that certainly changed.    

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I think it will eventually be leaked  that play calling was altered more then we knew after the Washington game.  Not suggesting Monken wasn t the play caller, but more Koetter suggestions were made throughout a game.  Koetter started the year without a playsheet in hand, that certainly changed.    

Koetter definitely took back some of the offense. There's no way he didn't.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Koetter definitely took back some of the offense. There's no way he didn't.

It s ashame Koetter in the end didn t get more involved with other parts of the team other then offensive game plan and play calling.  

He basically acted as an OC with HC responsibilities.  If they get Airens, I m very confident he ll be a HC who will put together a good staff.  Lovie had the attributes necessary to be a good HC, his failure was a refusal to tweak his core beliefs on defense.  Ironically, the offense wasn t the problem under Lovie.

4 hours ago, ravishingone said:

What do you think about Davis, Whitehead, and Watson.  Also, Licht traded his 3rd for JPP.  Just curious.

Davis and Whitehead look like promising role players. I see Davis as a good  #2 CB possibly better. His zone coverage skills are below average but he should get better with exp. Whitehead I view him as a solid safety. He started to miss more tackles as the year went on but I like what Ive seen from him than our own Justin evans. Watson was a nice pick should be a good back up for Evans. JPP I love.

Cappa and Stewart may be out the league in 3 years. Vea is an anchor for years to come. Vea, Stewart, and Whitehead are locks to start in 2019. 

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

Would you be satisfied with Mike McCarthy, if it means Licht is also gone and replaced by a young GM like Eliot Wolf?

Hell no. If that is our last resort yeah sure I’ll take them over licht/koetter. Arians, Richard, Fangio, and Caldwell before MM.

3 minutes ago, indifference said:

Hell no. If that is our last resort yeah sure I’ll take them over licht/koetter. Arians, Richard, Fangio, and Caldwell before MM.

Fair enough, I believe Licht s fate is sealed with a retread HC.  A first timer, I believe Licht likely stays.

56 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

😂😂😂

He is a treasure and a good coach because he isn t getting top end talent to Lubbock or Pullman.  😎

I just wonder if SR knows something or is just throwing something against the wall.  I mean the Glazers thought they had Chip Kelly when he was the next big thing.

15 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

He is a treasure and a good coach because he isn t getting top end talent to Lubbock or Pullman.  😎

I just wonder if SR knows something or is just throwing something against the wall.  I mean the Glazers thought they had Chip Kelly when he was the next big thing.

If we had a QB that didn't suck at the deep ball and a line that could pass block, I'd be all for Leach. 

But we don't have either of those things. And if we did, we wouldn't need to replace the playcallers we have now.

Archived