Week 5: New Orleans Saints - MNF

Ghostnote

5 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Trey Quinn and Cam Sims both had roster spots and played time in the first game of the season but got injured. 

Same with Trey Quinn. They both got injured in the first game. They had a role. It wasn't like they were inactive. 

Sure, that doesn’t change the point that at this point they weren’t going to be anything more than special teams players.

Harris was always infront of them as a receiver. Quick is a more reliable vet. They made the team over Quick bc Gruden didn’t want to lose the young guys and they felt Quick would be available as a free agent if they needed him, and they were right because he was. Floyd is way better than Quinn or Sims as an all around WR at this point in their careers.

15 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Sure, that doesn’t change the point that at this point they weren’t going to be anything more than special teams players.

Harris was always infront of them as a receiver. Quick is a more reliable vet. They made the team over Quick bc Gruden didn’t want to lose the young guys and they felt Quick would be available as a free agent if they needed him, and they were right because he was. Floyd is way better than Quinn or Sims as an all around WR at this point in their careers.

Michael Floyd has been in the league for 7 or 8 years, and you need to say that he is a better all around receiver than 2 low level depth chart guys? Did you seriously try to make that comparison? Sims and Quinn have yet to play a full season let alone a full game and you are arguing that Floyd is a better all around WR at this point in their careers? I mean, is that not obvious? 

But you're defelecting from the fact that Quinn and Sims made this team on their ability, not their potential, but their ability, and how they contribute to the team. 

Do I expect them to be all pro WR's? Hell no. But they have time and youth on their side. So, while they rehab, they can learn and watch and grasp the game for next season.

But I really feel like you're grasping for straws here turtle, there is no comparison between Floyd and the 2 young WR's. Experience is always a key factor. And both Quinn and Sims were seeing time in formations, not just ST's. So when they went down, the team needed to find reliability and not just bodies. But Sims and Quinn deserved to make the team.  

59 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Michael Floyd has been in the league for 7 or 8 years, and you need to say that he is a better all around receiver than 2 low level depth chart guys? Did you seriously try to make that comparison? Sims and Quinn have yet to play a full season let alone a full game and you are arguing that Floyd is a better all around WR at this point in their careers? I mean, is that not obvious? 

But you're defelecting from the fact that Quinn and Sims made this team on their ability, not their potential, but their ability, and how they contribute to the team. 

Do I expect them to be all pro WR's? Hell no. But they have time and youth on their side. So, while they rehab, they can learn and watch and grasp the game for next season.

But I really feel like you're grasping for straws here turtle, there is no comparison between Floyd and the 2 young WR's. Experience is always a key factor. And both Quinn and Sims were seeing time in formations, not just ST's. So when they went down, the team needed to find reliability and not just bodies. But Sims and Quinn deserved to make the team.  

We’re talking past each other. I didn’t say they didn’t deserve to make the team. My point is that Gruden didn’t want to lose them so he kept them both on the team bc if he hadn’t he thought someone would sign them off the practice squad. 

26 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We’re talking past each other. I didn’t say they didn’t deserve to make the team. My point is that Gruden didn’t want to lose them so he kept them both on the team bc if he hadn’t he thought someone would sign them off the practice squad. 

Right, but, if you have players that are going to make your team better, than you sign them to the active roster. 

Archived