Week 5: New Orleans Saints - MNF

Ghostnote

Just now, turtle28 said:

We have different definitions of servicable. I think Lauvao is a C player, to me that’s servicable.

Okay, he's a D for me, in no small part that you cannot rely on him due to his injury history. We'll agree to disagree.

Just now, turtle28 said:

Just bc I’m lauding a player’s versatility doesn’t mean I’m saying he’s anything special. That’s where this forum totally takes my opinions out of context.

When I'm screaming that they're making a massive mistake by not addressing the interior line and then you say "they picked up Bergstrom and Rhaney" and then I continue to scream because they aren't addressing the line ... I kind of don't see how that was out of context.

They signed bums hoping that they could get by. They banked on Lauvao being healthy.

They lost.

At the same time, I, a guy who is just a dude on a football forum, saw this coming from a mile away. This is not my job, just my hobby/passion. If I can see these mistakes as plain as day and they don't, then they either need dump the entire front office or we have to accept that no matter who comes in through that door in terms of players, they'll still suck since they cannot put together a competent plan.

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

This is the leader we need! We need a young leader on this team that plays his heart out and doesn’t take plays off/blow assignments. The future is bright with Jon Allen as one of our leaders.

I’ve grown tired of Swearinger - all bark/no bite - Swearinger talks a lot and makes some nice plays, but at the same time I think he’s blown 3 coverages this year, but it may be just two. Either way, both went for what? 50 or 60 yd TDs?

Swearinger keeps saying he’s a FS, the guy needs to be told to stay in the box and Nicholson needs to be put in at single high like he played some last year like vs the Raiders.

Swearinger 

The play is there to be made

7 hours ago, 4209 said:

Swearinger 

I don’t understand Swearinger. It’s almost like he’s throwing games or something. Sometimes he makes outstanding plays, big hits, forced fumbles and ints and then other times he misses easy tackles or blows assignments in coverage. It’s unbelievable and more frustrating than if he just was like Doughty and wasn’t talented enough to make every play. His effort last game was inexcusable.

Swearinger needs to have the C ripped off his chest, and it needs to be given to Jon Allen. 

10 hours ago, 4209 said:

Swearinger 

Yeah, the discipline to recognize the play, especially when the 3rd string QB is in, and rarely makes a throw in a normal offensive situation, is lacking. Play outside contain and force him inside where you have HELP! Simple. 

Hello skins fans. This video of Swearinger gives us a some insight about  what is wrong with our Skins. We as fans have a tendency to blame the coachs but if you have the abilities to record the games, you can see a more in-depth understanding of missing assignments, mental errors etc.Its' not always the coaching, although they have their faults also. Doing our games I see some of these errors and I know many here see them to. Case in point the saints game was loaded with just simple mental errors. . As you can see in the video we know the Saints have a strong tendency to run this play when in Hill is in the game and you know!!!!!! the coachs went over this with our players. 

Here another video of our players not making the play when it occurs. This time it's Smith chance to shine and we do what we do best. Yeap, a failure to make the play. This play I know many of you remember. When this play was starting to develop, you can see Harris running a post pattern toward the side line. I saw the saints defender turn his hips to the inside (meaning Harris put a good move on him). During the game. I shouted throw the ball Smith. Well we know what happened, Smith throws an INT. Again the the play was there, really this play has TD written all over it. Part of the problems guys is we are not making plays when they are there for the taking.

24 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Hello turtle. Yes I remember the PI call in the in the in zone. I thought there was going to be a Offense call here but to my surprise, no call. I was lived, that's why my wife don't like be  looking at games on certain TV's in the house. I have damage a few LO!!!! Anyways spot on turtle. Remember the fumble by Ingram, yeap you got it. We can't cover the ball and it was there for the taking. We need players that can make the play. I missed that holding on Kerringan. Good point.

21 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

huge wrap and pad on Doctson’s heel

This is why I was so upset when we lost two rookie receivers in the opening game to high ankle sprains. Some posters poo-pooed it that it was just two 3rd stringers and no big deal. We sure could use them now !

5 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

This is why I was so upset when we lost two rookie receivers in the opening game to high ankle sprains. Some posters poo-pooed it that it was just two 3rd stringers and no big deal. We sure could use them now !

And I still feel that way. Quinn & Sims we’re lucky to make the team frankly. The only reason they made the team is because of their potential and Gruden felt if he tried to put them on the practice squad that someone would sign them away.

Floyd, Harris & Quick are currently better receivers than Quinn and Sims. Quinn and Sims may develop into better WRs in the future but at this point their injuries weren’t a big loss.

Harris and Quick did have a combined 4 receptions, of course it should’ve been more (Harris was targeted 8 times). Harris would’ve had a TD if Alex threw him the pass on time that got picked off on that one drive.

It was shades of Cousins throwing late to Harris in week 17 of the 2016 season when DRC picked him off and we lost to the Giants at home with a second  playoff appearance in a row on the line.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

And I still feel that way. Quinn & Sims we’re lucky to make the team frankly. The only reason they did is because of their potential.

Floyd, Harris & Quick are currently better recovers than Quinn and Sims. Quinn and Sims May develop into better WRs in the future but at this point their injuries weren’t a big loss.

Wait, wut? Sims played his arse off this preseason and yes, he has a ton of potential, but seriously, Sims EARNED his spot. Not just potential, but playmaking ability, catching the ball, doing everything he could to make the team. 

Quinn played ST's and has loads of potential. 

Neither of them made the team on potential. They made the team because they deserved it. 

11 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Wait, wut? Sims played his arse off this preseason and yes, he has a ton of potential, but seriously, Sims EARNED his spot. Not just potential, but playmaking ability, catching the ball, doing everything he could to make the team. 

Quinn played ST's and has loads of potential. 

Neither of them made the team on potential. They made the team because they deserved it. 

Sims showed out against 3rd team players, most of which aren’t in the league now.

Do I think Sims has more potential than Marko Mitchell and Darnarien McCants?

Yeah, but at this point that’s all he’s shown us.

Neither were going to have roles on the offense this year, they were kept bc they may have a major role in the offense if they develop more and Jay didn’t want to lose them on the PS.

It was also widely reported that Sims needs work on his route running, he’s a big physical WR who can go up and high point 50/50 balls but much like Doctson he needs to work on route running.

Archived