Week 5: New Orleans Saints - MNF

Ghostnote

3 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Our LG seems really weak- he is better than Frankenstein, but he has no strength in run blocking

Cause he should be our center, but they didn't bother to get any NFL quality guards so ... 

Our OL has subs, but Scherff was terrible on the pass block that gave Rankins the sack

No, that wasn't pass blocking. That was a pat on the back as he went screaming by.

We have no short yardage or goal line offense- Thats the Jay way

Or creativity.
Or adaptability.
Or ability to catch up from behind (well, that one is on Alex Smith).

Turned it off at halftime and spending my time on better things. 

Again, you weren't the only one. Even my kids, who normally would be complaining that they weren't tired and could stay up later, went to bed after that record breaking TD.

Going to bed > watching Washington on MNF

Will this be the sliver that keeps a clearly incompetent organization from clearing the decks and finally recognizing the need to change?

Will it make Snyder sell the team? No? Well then ...

On a side note- did you guys see that a 60 year old McCallan sold for $1.1 million? I'd never pay that much for something so old

I mean, you saw it bottled. Why didn't grab some at the time? :D:D:D

3 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

What I'm wondering, is if Shawn L. is so terrible, why does our OL almost always look so much worse without him in the lineup?

Because Lauvao is sub-par NFL talent, but the rest of the "guards" they have are not NFL level at all.

17 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

What I'm wondering, is if Shawn L. is so terrible, why does our OL almost always look so much worse without him in the lineup?

Because he’s not “sooo” terrible. Lauvao, is serviceable. He’s a better OL than Bergstrom. Lauvao/Roullier is a better combo than Roullier/Bergstrom. Roullier is a good center, but he seems small and overwhelmed/not strong enough at guard for the power run game. If we ran more ZBS, those two would be fine, but with AD, we run more power and they get dominated at times.

9 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

That ^^^....

.... is not good.

We need to move on from him next year

Wow! People finally seeing what I’m seeing? Not sure how anyone can defend him anymore. I hope he rebounds once he gets over his hamstring injury, but I’ve always thought Norman was a bit overrated dating back to Carolina. Carolina’s D really hasn’t missed him. 

I always thought that Carolina’s front 7 made him and that Carolina secondary - guys like Kurt Coleman - look better than they were. Coleman wasn’t good in Phila, then he goes to Carolina and plays behind a dominant front 7 and looks good to great? The answer was obvious.

6 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

This is the leader we need! We need a young leader on this team that plays his heart out and doesn’t take plays off/blow assignments. The future is bright with Jon Allen as one of our leaders.

I’ve grown tired of Swearinger - all bark/no bite - Swearinger talks a lot and makes some nice plays, but at the same time I think he’s blown 3 coverages this year, but it may be just two. Either way, both went for what? 50 or 60 yd TDs?

Swearinger keeps saying he’s a FS, the guy needs to be told to stay in the box and Nicholson needs to be put in at single high like he played some last year like vs the Raiders.

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Because he’s not “sooo” terrible. Lauvao, is serviceable. He’s a better OL than Bergstrom. Lauvao/Roullier is a better combo than Roullier/Bergstrom.

Lauvao is not serviceable. He's sub-par.

better than Roullier/Bergstrom != good
better than Roullier/Bergstrom == less bad

I mentioned when we signed Bergstrom that he was a scrub and that it made no sense. You lauded his versatility.

11 minutes ago, Woz said:

Lauvao is not serviceable. He's sub-par.

better than Roullier/Bergstrom != good
better than Roullier/Bergstrom == less bad

I mentioned when we signed Bergstrom that he was a scrub and that it made no sense. You lauded his versatility.

We have different definitions of servicable. I think Lauvao is a C player, to me that’s servicable.

Just bc I’m lauding a player’s versatility doesn’t mean I’m saying he’s anything special. That’s where this forum totally takes my opinions out of context.

Archived