Week 5: New Orleans Saints - MNF

Ghostnote

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It’s quite unbelievable how crappy we are on Monday night football!

Yes indeed that was awful. There are many issues that I can talk about today.   We got whipped in the trenches again especially on the OL which had a great effect on AS. He seemed rattled by the Saints pass rush. You could see this early in the game. Later on  AS had Crowder and Richardson open fro possible TD but his passes felled short into the ground. The red zones woes continue. Against the Saints!!!!!!!! They are 28th defensively  in the NFL vs the pass and the Saints dominated us at the LOS!!!!!!!!. The Saints lost their top CB Latimore no problem said the Saints we are dominating the Skins OL and we have AS looking like Bart Simpson..  He (AS) can't hit the side of a barn. We also really can do without Michael Thomas and Alvin Kamara we are playing the Redskins.  They (Redskins) are shooting their self in the foot with costly penalties. To tell the truth, I really felt this game was over early with  two early FG's set the tone.  You cannot beat the Saints with FG's and you could see early on how our OL was struggling mightly with the Saints DL. We had to come out swinging.

It is still early but time is running out for Gruden and company. This an sickening defeat.  This is about how they beat us. I dare to say a humiliating defeat.           

38 minutes ago, 4209 said:

Yes indeed that was awful. There are many issues that I can talk about today.   We got whipped in the trenches again especially on the OL which had a great effect on AS. He seemed rattled by the Saints pass rush. You could see this early in the game. Later on  AS had Crowder and Richardson open fro possible TD but his passes felled short into the ground. The red zones woes continue. Against the Saints!!!!!!!! They are 28th defensively  in the NFL vs the pass and the Saints dominated us at the LOS!!!!!!!!. The Saints lost their top CB Latimore no problem said the Saints we are dominating the Skins OL and we have AS looking like Bart Simpson..  He (AS) can't hit the side of a barn. We also really can do without Michael Thomas and Alvin Kamara we are playing the Redskins.  They (Redskins) are shooting their self in the foot with costly penalties. To tell the truth, I really felt this game was over early with  two early FG's set the tone.  You cannot beat the Saints with FG's and you could see early on how our OL was struggling mightly with the Saints DL. We had to come out swinging.

It is still early but time is running out for Gruden and company. This an sickening defeat.  This is about how they beat us. I dare to say a humiliating defeat.           

He took a couple of big shots when Davenport ran a stunt on Trent and it wasn’t picked up by Bergstrom and when Scherff/Bergstrom didn’t block Rankins. Those shots may have dinged him, who knows.

Caught the game on tape, wow what a depressing performance. Ist half reactions

Our roster is constructed poorly; The announcer keeps saying we are a run first team, but we cant run. Tight ends cant block, no run blocking left guard or right tackle, don't use a fullback and the running plays are elementary school designs-  There is no deception or creativity. Against that active front blitzes, no screen passes or as NOLA does double screens? 

Montae- what a stupid penalty on a third down sack that really changed the game

Our LG seems really weak- he is better than Frankenstein, but he has no strength in run blocking

Nancy boy Smith getting run over by a quarterback on a third and short? He is not an NFL player and a waste of roster 

Peterson and Thompson are warriors. I feel bad for them because our tight ends cant block, our right tackle cant run block and our left guard is a better center and everyone except Scherff gets blown up trying to run block

Reed on a important first down run gets blown up by a cornerback and its 2nd and 9 instead of another 1st and 10. 

Our OL has subs, but Scherff was terrible on the pass block that gave Rankins the sack

I like the bama boys on DL

Did 36 even suit up? He certainly didnt come to play. guess running his mouth all week he used up all his energy. 36- being a leader doesn't mean you talk the loudest and most. Thats 24's job too? 

We have no short yardage or goal line offense- Thats the Jay way

Announcers killing Norman hyping Dunbar repeatedly as the best corner lol

Turned it off at halftime and spending my time on better things. 

Congrats to Brees- its amazing what he has accomplished with his physical limitations. Crazy to write, but the Redskins are still leading their division. Will this be the sliver that keeps a clearly incompetent organization from clearing the decks and finally recognizing the need to change? Yeah probably. On a side note- did you guys see that a 60 year old McCallan sold for $1.1 million? I'd never pay that much for something so old :)

1 hour ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Almost.  I remember it looking bad without him in 2015 too, as well as last year.  This is coming from someone who has been a staunch Lavauo detractor.

not being flip, but it says our depth is even worse, and thats unforgivable.73 seems like a C level center, but he had a very bad game at guard. 

16 hours ago, lavar703 said:

The Browns tied this team. For all the talk of how amazing the Saints are this is pretty much the only team they’ve steamrolled. 

The Browns tied the Steelers. They lost in overtime to the Saints.

"What are 'Things the Survivor Pool Moderator knows?' I'll take Potent Potables for $800, Alex."

Archived