Aladdin (live action) - May 24, 2019

RamRod

On 3/12/2019 at 12:35 PM, seminoles1 said:

Hot take: Robin Williams was better as Batty than as the genie.

I don't think that's a super hot take. Obviously, more publicity as genie and a much bigger movie. He's great in both. The guy was a great animated voice comedian and talent. 

6 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Reviews seem pretty meh on this. Has anyone seen it?

Saw it yesterday. It's fine. Doesn't add anything to the animated film. Will is fine as Genie. Mena Massoud and Naomi Scott are some mega babes. The handmaiden was weird. Jafar actor didn't bring it. The first song was a bit weird with the action and speeding up of the movement, but gets better throughout the movie.

The first song was just brutal. I’m not sure how they thought that was good to put into the movie like that. It just didn’t work and was really awkward. Thankfully it got better, they had me scared after that first song for sure. This is my only major gripe with the movie.

The portrayal of Jafar was pretty boring though. Just didn’t seem crazy/volatile enough to do the character justice.

Overall it was a decent movie. It’s not a classic like the animated version but it’s worth a watch.

3 hours ago, Neumatic said:

The first song was just brutal. I’m not sure how they thought that was good to put into the movie like that. It just didn’t work and was really awkward. Thankfully it got better, they had me scared after that first song for sure. This is my only major gripe with the movie.

The portrayal of Jafar was pretty boring though. Just didn’t seem crazy/volatile enough to do the character justice.

Overall it was a decent movie. It’s not a classic like the animated version but it’s worth a watch.

Yeah. The One Jump Ahead song was putrid. I was really worried about what I was going to sit through.

• Like 1