GDT Week 6: Baltimore Ravens vs Tennessee Titans

DreamKid

On 10/12/2018 at 4:05 PM, TitanLegend said:

Pees(and Vrabel) are pretty much the biggest reason we've got 3 wins so far, and kept us in the Miami and Buffalo games/played well enough to win those(especially the Buffalo game). Removing ST TDs, the Titans are 2nd only to the Ravens in ppg allowed, and only .4 behind at that.

I know the fun thing for Ravens fans to do is hate Dean Pees but he and Vrabel have our defense playing at a borderline elite level so far.

We won a SB Pees' first year as coordinator and we still feel this way about him. There's just a lot more data out there. 

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

yeah who cares that we're throwing away high round picks on guys who never even see the field!

Well if you want to blow off steam on every draft pick that doesn't hit, that's fine, but expect to be doing that for your entire football watching career. Less than half of second round picks spend >50% of their career as starters. Let alone GOOD starters. If someone isn't (yet) improving on the others ahead of him, I certainly don't want to see him see the field just cuz he got picked during the portion of the draft people watched.

If we get one really pass rusher out of the draft capital investment we made in the position  for the 2017 draft, then that's a clear win.

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

Well if you want to blow off steam on every draft pick that doesn't hit, that's fine, but expect to be doing that for your entire football watching career. Less than half of second round picks spend >50% of their career as starters. Let alone GOOD starters. 

If we get one really pass rusher out of the draft capital investment we made in the position  for the 2017 draft, then that's a clear win.

He wasn't some 4th rounder, it was 2nd rounder. You don't just throw away picks on 2nd rounders like we seem to be doing.

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

He wasn't some 4th rounder, it was 2nd rounder. You don't just throw away picks on 2nd rounders like we seem to be doing.

Did you read the second sentence of my post? When you read 2nd rounder and when I read 2nd rounder we think very different things.

All draft picks are made with a decent to good chance of being "throw aways" In this specific case, it's just that the OLB's we drafted later (and Suggs) are better than Bowser, so it's not a net negative reflection on the team at all. What bothers me is that people act like it's a bad thing that our 3rd round pick is better than our 2nd round pick because of some need to justify a pick. 

13 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Did you read the second sentence of my post? When you read 2nd rounder and when I read 2nd rounder we think very different things.

All draft picks are made with a decent to good chance of being "throw aways" In this specific case, it's just that the OLB's we drafted later (and Suggs) are better than Bowser, so it's not a net negative reflection on the team at all. What bothers me is that people act like it's a bad thing that our 3rd round pick is better than our 2nd round pick because of some need to justify a pick. 

This is not even remotely true.

Archived