Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

100%.  It’s not about being a hardass 24/7, it’s about knowing time and place.

most of the time time you can goof off, have fun, let the kids be kids, etc., but when it’s time to work it’s time to work.  If you can blend having fun and working hard, cool, but if you can’t then you insist on the latter.

Yep. If you show me you can be loose and compete at a high level with maintaining focus, discipline, and physicality, go for it. If not, prepare for uniformity.

And I do subscribe to once pregame starts, which means entering the facility, that switch flips, and it’s all business. Feel free to dance away the second that clock hits 0 and you have a W up on the scoreboard. But doing that stuff after losing the year before and having them plant a flag on the block O…with staring down an entire senior class who never beat Michigan…then doing that stuff? That’s a culture issue established by the head coach.

You coach what you allow, it’s that simple.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Mehhhh

I get what Ryan Day is saying, but if your team prepared well, some of the stuff he mentioned shouldn’t happen.

They script plays in the NFL for a reason.

I’m a believer in scripting your first few plays to get comfortable, in the flow, see defensive alignment based off of personnel and formations, and getting a “layup” for points the first drive…all without telling my guys that it’s scripted. You can both script and get into the flow of the game without overthinking.