Fire Sale Time

Acgott

10 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I think the 'gathering a lot of picks' is happening now rather than during the draft by trading down. We are without a 3rd right now, but we've got a couple 4ths, a couple 5ths and a couple 7ths and that is before compensatory picks. This team has enough holes that if Herbert and Haskins don't declare and we are picking top 2, you take the top lineman, offensive or defensive, and feel good about it. Bosa, Oliver, Jonah Williams are studs, especially the former 2. I'm a big proponent of acquiring Kyle Sloter this offseason to challenge Lauletta and/or anyone else brought in.

I can see a trade down, really can. So we can have at least another 1st and a 3rd. Still think we have to gain as many picks as possible. If Herbert or Haskins dont declare, do not discount either Drew Lock or Daniel Jones. Jones is essentially a white Mike Vick and Lock I still think is 1st round quality. 

I would HATE a trade down. Maybe because I'm jaded by how many mid-round misses we've had but we need to get premium players. If we were trading out of the Top 5 because Herbert or another QB isn't there, I'd rather a 2020 1st Rd Pick instead of moving back in 2019.

16 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Trade Engram. Dude cant catch. Get something out of him while you can. Get Jackrabbit out of here too. He has phoned it in. 

And please for the love of God bench Eli. 

Dude after that game yesterday im all for Engram being gone. He just looks lost at times out there and the 2 missed catches that were literally in his hands and then out.. Ya good riddance. Rhett Ellison is decent enough for our plans and honestly the one guy whom im shocked didn't get to be on the squad this season was Jerell Adams. He did more in preseason than Scott Simonson.

51 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Dude after that game yesterday im all for Engram being gone. He just looks lost at times out there and the 2 missed catches that were literally in his hands and then out.. Ya good riddance. Rhett Ellison is decent enough for our plans and honestly the one guy whom im shocked didn't get to be on the squad this season was Jerell Adams. He did more in preseason than Scott Simonson.

Engram was a good fit for Mcadoo's offense. Shurmur much prefers bigger, more versatile (blocking/receiving) TEs like Ellison. We'd be smart to get high return for him while we can. He'd be a good fit for either LA team, both of which are looking to make a push.

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Engram was a good fit for Mcadoo's offense. Shurmur much prefers bigger, more versatile (blocking/receiving) TEs like Ellison. We'd be smart to get high return for him while we can. He'd be a good fit for either LA team, both of which are looking to make a push.

As long as either coughs up at least a 2 and maybe a 3 in return im good with it. I cant see us not getting a high rd pick for a guy who is young and has a high ceiling

Archived