The Wire mafia - Game Over! The Barksdale Gang controls Baltimore!

Whicker

I'm wildly speculating:

Maybe all Barksdales have some type of hidden portion of a role that gives us a percent chance of resisting arrest during the lawful process, which segues to the violence, and then certain roles cannot be killed when the escalation occurs.  So, in essence, giving a certain portion of the Town a chance to survive a night kill.

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

I'm wildly speculating:

Maybe all Barksdales have some type of hidden portion of a role that gives us a percent chance of resisting arrest during the lawful process, which segues to the violence, and then certain roles cannot be killed when the escalation occurs.  So, in essence, giving a certain portion of the Town a chance to survive a night kill.

Or the other is a dirty cop. 

Maybe I'm not.  I don't know how I reconcile the cops taking down the Barksdale organization with a Dirty Cop shaking people down to convert to being a snitch.  Those seem to co-exist and complement rather than be in tension.

On 10/29/2018 at 9:12 PM, Matts4313 said:

How in the hell have you come to that conclusion? Or is this sarcasm and I am missing it? 

In this game the only consistently good players are Malf and Rags. The rest have sporadic good to great games but a lot of inactivity or games with a complete loss of any logic.

I used to be good, but have been mostly mediocre to bad the last few games. I think its because of my ever growing annoyance with some players. As Malf has alluded to, my meta is I will LOL clear myself as civ but not scum. Going to be hard to do that when I am on a pitch count. Suck it, @Malfatron, find a new slant. 

Dingo

Matts' only post of d1.  Yet he had 48 hours to make 3 posts and failed to do so, despite being around for most of the 48 hours and claiming to have read every page and liked a number of posts.  

On 10/30/2018 at 9:19 PM, Matts4313 said:

Youre not the boss of me. 

Ive been sending Morse code through the game by likes. I dont think any one picked up on them.

Not long after n1 matts is on and posting, even claiming that he has been on most of the time liking posts (which would mean he intentionally got himself role blocked n1.  Now for someone who claims he is a level 1 thinker and the greatest mafia player alive, I fully believe he was setting up a larger play.  

On 10/30/2018 at 9:28 PM, Matts4313 said:

Anyone who let themselves get roleblocked must be lolcleared..... I would tag Malf but its a no no.

If you always do this as town then your obviously gonna do it as mafia. 

On 10/30/2018 at 9:34 PM, Matts4313 said:

Ive read every post up until this point (though I read the night). It was tough. Ill pick up my activity for Whicker and because my chances of getting into a stupid argument just dropped by 50%.

Ted

Picking up his activity at the same time that probably the best mafia player here (malf) and the craziest mafia player (the orca) are killed off.  It's not a coincidence bc there is no such things as coincidences in mafia

On 10/30/2018 at 10:10 PM, Matts4313 said:

Normies are cannon fodder. If you are scared to die, you have a role. If you have a role, you should have been hit. Especially since mafia had 2 hits. 

He obviously lied about being fully read up.  If you are such a great player how did he miss the bold words saying there are no normies.

On 10/30/2018 at 10:39 PM, Matts4313 said:

I am read up. I have read page 1. Whicker clearly states there are people without moves. Having a name doesnt make you not a normie.  

More mistakes in reading from the great one, I don't buy all of this 

On 10/31/2018 at 5:08 PM, Matts4313 said:

I was. Ive been here the entire time. 

Admits to being around, but just didn't want to post (come on now).

On 10/31/2018 at 7:39 PM, Matts4313 said:

1. As a rule of thumb I no longer read the rules.

2. Because. Hit me, mafia. Who knows, I might have some super awesome day 2 power!

Now he is back tracking and claims he never reads the rules (regarding the post count). The second part is matts just gloating bc he knows mafia isn't gonna hit him. 

9 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Here are my moves:

Hit Pickle, James, UNT and Dome

Soft claiming he has a hit.  Town matts would never ever do this.  

9 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

So find some actual scum. Have you even pushed anyone yet?

To this point matts has done zero scum hunting.  All he did was post attacks at the orca and get in an argument with dome. 

8 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Just FYI I plan on pushing a Dome lynch before night. I hope you will join me. 

Interesting on who all matts has pushed and voted for. 

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Scum have an agenda to kill others IMO. Swaggypoo has been hunting the other since the start of the game. What say you?

This post honestly felt like matts was trying to deflect the heat he was drawing. 

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

If you really feel that way, just let mafia hit me. I can pretty much guarantee that I wont make it ~1-2 more nights. If I am alive 2 days from now, Ill vote myself for the lynch. 

Well he made it 1 night.  All this is, is a false threat bc he knows he isn't gonna get hit.  

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

First of all, I wont be lynched. Not if people use their brains. Secondly, I am not scum. Third, you need to get out of chat with Orca, its lowering your IQ. Fourth, how about we run train on Dome? Any takers? 

So he is now claiming he won't be lynched, that takes some balls to say. Anyone can be lynched at anytime.  To me the only people that would be posting a claim like that are mafia bc they know they have others to help deflect the heat and push elsewhere 

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

You better hope I get lynched. Otherwise I am hitting you tonight. 

And yes, you can take that as a claim.

This is what clinches it for me.  Matts plain as day claims he has a hit and is gonna use it.  No one with a hit will do this.  Your either gonna be roleblocked or killed.  Matts being the greatest ever knows this and would never do it if he has a hit. He was bluffing bc he is mafia. 

You are also getting shot tonight. 

Everyone is getting shot. Bullets for everyone. 

Dont butter me up. You are getting shot. No take backsies. 

Two more posts about having a hit.  This assured if he really did have the hit, he would be dead or roleblocked.  

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Was it you that roleblocked me? If so, you are dumb as rocks, I didnt try to hit you. 

If he really had the hit why on earth did he not think he would be roleblocked or killed. 

My hit was used on Dingo. But I "could not find him". I asked if that means if I was roleblocked, but was told that I would not get clarification. So now I am 'nilla and have no freaking clue what happened last night. 

More on this post later but it is real stupid to waste a vig hit and coming from the greatest mafia player ever I 100 % believe it was not wasted bc he never had one. 

TBF - I was posturing the UNT hit to see if he would preemptively do something about it. Assuming I was roleblocked, that puts UNT up on top of my list. Either someone roleblocked me or Dingo has the passive ability to miss hits. 

Why the hell would someone with a vig hit do so much harm to there role, it defies all logic.

I think we need to put a spotlight on the fact that I claimed I was going to hit UNT and was roleblocked. 

This is where matts loses me.  So you intentionally wasted the vig hit

39 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

For the record, my hit was in on you day one. But I left before finding out about the posting rules. So if you come up scum, blame host for not being dead. 

Again no such things as coincidence.  He gets himself roleblocked and then hits someone who is protected. I'm not buying it. 

32 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dingos role screams godfather to me. But its useless to push it right now. The steam will die on that train. 

I think its best served that we push other people and see what conversation we can uncover. 

This then feels like an attempt to buss one of his other mafia pals. 

23 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Yes, that would explain it as well. I was told that I could not find Dingo. 

More on this later 

19 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dont answer this. 

I'm not sure why him not explaining more would matter at this point. 

18 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

IF he is godfather with that role we are probably boned. But his response has been overwhelmingly protown so far. Im going to take it on faith. 

Back to more bussing. 

______

For matts to claim he is the greatest mafia player ever and then to have a game where he is is town and does all of the following 

1. Gets himself intentionally roleblocked 

2. Doesn't read the first page or rules

3. Doesn't scum hunt at all

4. Throws his post count restriction out the window immediately after malf and the orca are killed

5. Argues for almost all of d2 with dome.

6. Still doesn't scum hunt at all.

7. Avoids the entire discussion about swag and bcb claims.

8. Claims he has a hit and then magically gets rolebloced/hits someone protected 

9. Is somehow still alive

10. Still hasn't helped town in any way. 

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

Maybe I'm not.  I don't know how I reconcile the cops taking down the Barksdale organization with a Dirty Cop shaking people down to convert to being a snitch.  Those seem to co-exist and complement rather than be in tension.

But it could be someone like the guy at the prison that was beating up weebay 

I'm intrigued though.  I think / thought matts was Cult.  Matts brought up police brutality first.  We have yet to see a write-up on police brutality.  At least two people (who can communicate with one another) cannot be victims of police brutality.  That reads conversion-ish to me.

I might go James because we have yet to see police brutality, Mookie missed N1, and James replaced Mookie.  So, the assumption is Mookie can do it on odd nights, whereas matts was independently verified by Dingo today, unless matts converted Dingo.

But this should not distract us from the fact Pickle, Touch, and Ragnarok are Mafia.

4 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I'm intrigued though.  I think / thought matts was Cult.  Matts brought up police brutality first.  We have yet to see a write-up on police brutality.  At least two people (who can communicate with one another) cannot be victims of police brutality.  That reads conversion-ish to me.

Wasn’t matts the one that brought up arrested?

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I might go James because we have yet to see police brutality, Mookie missed N1, and James replaced Mookie.  So, the assumption is Mookie can do it on odd nights, whereas matts was independently verified by Dingo today, unless matts converted Dingo.

But this should not distract us from the fact Pickle, Touch, and Ragnarok are Mafia.

Wrong. 

People are not picking up what I’m laying down. 

Dingos move doesn’t make any sense. First he said roleblock, then it was not being able to be targeted. 

My role is that and that’s not how it works. I choose a name and if that player is barksdale, any move will target them. 

I wouldn’t for a second think to call it a roleblock and I wouldn’t have been surprised about their being a 1shot ability of my role but I imagine it would have the same workings and would be a character that it would make sense for. 

Archived