The Wire mafia - Game Over! The Barksdale Gang controls Baltimore!

Whicker

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

What alignment do you think Pickle rick is?

Just now, squire12 said:

To add

Do you think Pickle rick hit Matts?

Can someone lay out a case why Pickle Rick should not be lynched today?

If he hit matts, and I think a good deal of posts suggest this is very likely, then he has a kill ability.

Could be civ vig, but that means we would have had 2. I feel that is highly unlikely.

So pickle is either mafia or the other.   At this point, both those roles are not town friendly IMO.

A "town friendly" other just took out the civ vig.

3 hours ago, khodder said:

I know that my neighbour couldn't be harmed by police brutality. 

I know that my neighbour was also hit night 1.

At this stage I figured there was some sort of a hit that could not be blocked.

Really?  If I recall correctly, you originally claimed the information on police brutality was from your Role.

I understand why you might bring that up as part of your role, but that’s hardly a good look when the early theory on you was you lifted info from Orca to appear pro-Town.

3 hours ago, squire12 said:

Anyone want to discuss these posts?

We can.  But I hardly think KSJ’s claim is overly credible at this point since KSJ was on the shortlist and Ted just rolled over JOAT.  

Earlier we thought Dome was the scum investigation on N1, but I think they bought his softclaim instead.  Meaning, Ted was the warrant kill on N1, and investigated James N2, and KSJ may have taken that information.

I know that is not the best theory, but the pieces fit without much straining.

3 hours ago, squire12 said:

Bullet proof vest

I don’t know how useful this claim is.  The only gun kill was the day kill, which we don’t think is a cop.  Matts probably would have been a gun too.  So, your ability only protects from what look like non-police kills, meanwhile all police wear a bulletproof vest.  Do you see how that claim is both inconvenient and convenient?

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Where's our math guy?

@SwAg

Thebmath from yesterday had it limited to Ragnarok and Ted (and me, but I know it’s not me).  With Ted dead Mafia and our assumptions from yesterday, it had to be Ragnarok (or me).  We have some intervening information that indicates neither is the case, which is compounded by the issue that our assumptions to reduce the math from yesterday are now subject to some credible scrutiny.  So, basically, the math is now dependent upon your theory of the kills and whose position you consider most credible.

The culture of not addressing theories only drives my paranoia because I then think it’s right when no one acknowledges it.  Then when I have 20 out there, and believe most of them, I look like the erratic crazy person.

23 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I don’t know how useful this claim is.  The only gun kill was the day kill, which we don’t think is a cop.  Matts probably would have been a gun too.  So, your ability only protects from what look like non-police kills, meanwhile all police wear a bulletproof vest.  Do you see how that claim is both inconvenient and convenient?

I know what my role and ability is. 

We have day hit from D3, could be other or khodder ' s superhit idea.

We have a now dead civ vig. 2-shot

We have mafia hits.

From my view, every faction (town, mafia, other) has had kill abilities.

18 minutes ago, SwAg said:

The culture of not addressing theories only drives my paranoia because I then think it’s right when no one acknowledges it.  Then when I have 20 out there, and believe most of them, I look like the erratic crazy person.

I think early game theories.  We are now mid to late game and have facts that should be used above theories.

10 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I know what my role and ability is. 

We have day hit from D3, could be other or khodder ' s superhit idea.

We have a now dead civ vig. 2-shot

We have mafia hits.

From my view, every faction (town, mafia, other) has had kill abilities.

I don't know if you're doing this on purpose.  You did not disagree with half my post and merely misinterpreted the other half.

You pointed out the Mafia NKs, Vig, and day kill.  I can go in order:

- The Mafia NKs were the execution of a warrant to arrest a player (N1 kill) and electronic surveillance resulting in them being "caught on The Wire" (N1 and N2 kill).

- The Town Vig is dead.  Given his character, pretty sure he would be using a gun.

- The day kill went through and used a gun.  The flavor indicated that the killer was someone matts' character was familiar with, coupled with the informal greeting, at least a couple of us viewed that as an unlikely Mafia hit.

So, right now, I'm not seeing how your bulletproof vests are all that useful, since they would seem to only stop the Town Vig and whatever you attribute the day kill to (assuming the vest does not have a finite duration).  Meanwhile, the bulletproof would be disproportionately useful for scum, and would be standard issue for police.

I don't know what you're not comprehending about the convenience of that claim.

Archived