• Drew Brees
    • Tom Brady
    • Todd Gurley
    • Jared Goff
    • Matt Ryan
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Cam Newton

Just now, Raves said:

But only after Mahomes pissed it away against the Rams.  Before that game I had Mahomes ahead, then Brees took the lead, now Mahomes is back in the lead.

Drew pissed with more vigour than Mahomes.

2 minutes ago, Raves said:

Well you were wrong before this game, and now Mahomes is ahead of Brees unless Mahomes puts up another poor performance.

Was there an MVP voting that happened this past week I wasn’t aware of?

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

same.

I might be a Saints fan and I might sometimes give the players of my team the edge in a close call, but I can still be fair.  It was literally splitting hairs with Mahomes and Brees.  Brees hadn't cost his team a game while Mahomes had.  Brees just cost his team a game, Mahomes with the better bulk stats, which I've petitioned for Brees in the past, now overtakes the lead.

Mahomes got back the top spot. Goff is inching ever so closely too. Brees and the Saints laid a HUGE egg tonight. If it wasn’t for the roughing the punter the Saints only score 3pts. That’s pitiful. I can understand losing but not like this if you are supposed to be the best team in the NFL. 

Just now, stl4life07 said:

Mahomes got back the top spot. Goff is inches ever so closely too. Brees and the Saints laid a HUGE egg tonight. If it wasn’t for the roughing the punter the Saints only score 3pts. That’s pitiful. I can understand losing but not like this if you are supposed to be the best team in the NFL. 

I mean the refs played a big part in the game in regards to the Saints offense as there were quite a few non-call PI, but the Saints still had a chance to win at the end and Brees gave it up.  Same thing I hit Mahomes for, I gotta hit Brees for.  Goff is definitely closer, but I still have Brees as having better efficiency to Goff so he's still 3rd.

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Was there an MVP voting that happened this past week I wasn’t aware of?

Yup, you missed it.

6 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

I dont mind Brees or Mahomes for MVP but Rams fans need to stop with that Goff for MVP nonsense. The guy is not Mahomes, not today, not tomorrow.

Why is that? Goff strongly deserves to be in the MVP discussion. He has the numbers, came up big in primetime when everyone is watching, and he leads the NFL in 4th quarter comebacks this season. I get he isn’t flashy like Mahomes and isn’t Brees who has been so great for so long but never got the MVP so the narrative is to give it to him before he retires but don’t discredit Goff for what he is doing on a 10-1 team looking to get the 1 seed in the NFC.

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Why is that? Goff strongly deserves to be in the MVP discussion. He has the numbers, came up big in primetime when everyone is watching, and he leads the NFL in 4th quarter comebacks this season. I get he isn’t flashy like Mahomes and isn’t Brees who has been so great for so long but never got the MVP so the narrative is to give it to him before he retires but don’t discredit Goff for what he is doing on a 10-1 team looking to get the 1 seed in the NFC.

Their numbers are essentially the same except Goff throws picks at a lower rate and Mahomes throws touchdowns at a higher rate. 

I don't see why Goff can't be in the discussion. 

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Couldn’t have been that informative with only 7 votes.

I guess they cut you out of the information loop then.

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

He's deserves in the consideration but even after this game he's still behind Brees and Mahomes.  Brees is still more efficient with the H2H, while Mahomes is close to the same efficiency but has much better bulk stat numbers though Goff has the H2H.  If I dismissed bulk stats for anythign other than elite efficiency, I'd be a hypocrite considering my arguments for Brees in the past.

3 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Goff has been great but that race is a 2-man race for now.

Archived