MNF GDT: Giants @ 49ers

N4L

Which team wins?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which team wins?

• The San Francisco 49ers
    • The New York Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/14/2018 at 01:15 AM

What would have happened if marquis Goodwin would have thrown the ball backwards out of bounds when he caught it with 10 seconds left? If he just caught it, and turned and threw the ball out of bounds over the sideline and at least 1 yard behind from where he was standing. 

By rule, that would be a fumble out of bounds and the clock would stop, no? Unless I am missing something. It would have to be a lateral. 

Then we would have had time to line up and maybe get two shots to the endzone. 

Just a thought.

Fun game. My eyes and lungs are bothering me from the smoke. Its surreal. 

2 hours ago, Malik said:

He literally checked into a run play in the red zone where no one was guarding Odell in the slot

Oh really? Say that is error on his part which he don’t know for sure because how many times have we seen receivers appear uncovered in football

You provided on example, where are the others? 

8 hours ago, N4L said:

What would have happened if marquis Goodwin would have thrown the ball backwards out of bounds when he caught it with 10 seconds left? If he just caught it, and turned and threw the ball out of bounds over the sideline and at least 1 yard behind from where he was standing. 

By rule, that would be a fumble out of bounds and the clock would stop, no? Unless I am missing something. It would have to be a lateral. 

Then we would have had time to line up and maybe get two shots to the endzone. 

Just a thought.

Fun game. My eyes and lungs are bothering me from the smoke. Its surreal. 

SECTION 7 - ACTIONS TO CONSERVE TIME

ARTICLE 1. ILLEGAL ACTS

A team is not permitted to conserve time after the two-minute warning of either half by committing any of these acts:

4) throwing a backward pass out of bounds

10 minutes ago, N4L said:

@Dome so then I guess the way to do it is to have someone on the sideline and 'accidentally on purpose' throw the ball over his head out of bounds? Lol thanks for posting that. 

I'd set it up like a hook and lateral that goes out of bounds, have the lateral receiver running towards the sidelines and bobble it OB. But you have to be able to trust both those guys and not mess it up and to not get flagged cause it was obvious what they were doing. You're better off just sliding and spiking or trying the real hook and lateral towards the sidelines.

Edit: It doesn't say anything about intent at all. It could be a penalty regardless? 

Archived