MNF GDT: Giants @ 49ers

N4L

Which team wins?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which team wins?

• The San Francisco 49ers
    • The New York Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/14/2018 at 01:15 AM

Just now, CKS97 said:

The Giants should start Lauletta next week if only so perhaps our final image of Eli on the field would be a game-winning drive.

Go out on top. Ride into the sunset.

Let this be his final moment instead of a sack and INT-laden potential December debacle.

I know you're just quoting someone else but have you forgotten the outrage last season when they benched Eli?

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

I know you're just quoting someone else but have you forgotten the outrage last season when they benched Eli?

I guarantee you a significant portion of the Giants fanbase right now is going "see look at Eli's stats when you give him time in the pocket!" It's not all of them or even the majority, but there's a sizable vocal portion of that fan base that still believe it is 2011.

Just now, Forge said:

They get the Cards this week, really the only winnable game remaining on the schedule. I'll be watching, completely riveted....and somewhat horrified and at times probably disgusted.

the issue is that SF has 4 very winnable games on their schedule

1 minute ago, Forge said:

They get the Cards this week, really the only winnable game remaining on the schedule. I'll be watching, completely riveted....and somewhat horrified and at times probably disgusted.

Cardinals put up a good showing at Arrowhead and the Raiders are not the Chiefs.

Plus, they played the Bears tough.

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

Does this mean we can pencil in Bosa to the Raiders?

I will lock that in for sure after this weekend if they lose to the cardinals. If they beat the Cards? It becomes a lot more interesting. Giants / Raiders and Niners don't really have a whole lot of games that are exactly winnable after this upcoming weekend. I'd say the Giants would be the most likely (as they have the best skill position players), and I think the Niners schedule is a tad easier with games against Tampa / Denver to get an unexpected win

Just now, Forge said:

I think only the Bucs is a winnable game. I don't even think broncos is.

i guess ive only paid attention to sf against the raiders, giants, and packers.

watching those particular games, i feel like they could hang in most games, so winning a couple more games this year feels inevitable

Winnable games left

Raiders: Cardinals, Chiefs(wk 17 resting starters)

49ers: Rams (wk 17 resting starters)

I honestly don't see us beating the Bucs but who knows. It's not like they're playing great football right now either.

5 minutes ago, Malik said:

I guarantee you a significant portion of the Giants fanbase right now is going "see look at Eli's stats when you give him time in the pocket!" It's not all of them or even the majority, but there's a sizable vocal portion of that fan base that still believe it is 2011.

Find me those people. And yes you can deduce from this game that if you give Eli time he’s still a competent starting QB. 

Every QB has flaws, and those flaws are exacerbated when the protection isn’t there. This is the best protected Eli has been all year by far. Was he perfect? Far from it. Was he very good? Nah. He was solid but you’d think he was bad with the way you continually talk 

Just now, Malfatron said:

i guess ive only paid attention to sf against the raiders, giants, and packers.

watching those particular games, i feel like they could hang in most games, so winning a couple more games this year feels inevitable

The only problem is that under shanahan, we have no idea how to win close games. Tonight was largely just par for the course with close games. The team is absolutely capable of playing over its head with Shanny, but then they don't know what to do at the end. It's actually pretty interesting.

Archived